I have been in a Birthday Group for about 6 years now. Who's in the birthday group? Let me break it down for you:
Bonnie: (My mom) She has been friends with some of these ladies since Becky and I were kids. Anything and everything embarrassing has happened to my mom. Just ask her, she'll tell you. Even though it is a birthday dinner, she never eats dessert. She doesn't like dessert.
Becky: (My sister) The super-model with the dry wit.
Terri: Hair dresser extraordinaire. Tells the funniest stories you've ever heard.
Kathy: (Terri's sister) Thinks I'm funny. We talk a lot about school and kids. Quietly funny...not loud and obnoxious like some people.
Betty: (Terri and Kathy's mom) Betty has red hair and lives up to it. She is a pistol who loves Bingo and is moving to the beach.
Aunt Toni: Not our Aunt by blood, but we've been family since I was 5 and Becky was 3. She's hilarious, crafty, and Cuban.
Phyllis: All I have to say is, go to Vegas with Phyl. She is a firecracker who will crack you up like no one else. She loves her some Bingo too.
Bonnie P. :The Scrapbooking Queen. Lately Bonnie has been a some-time participator, but when she's there she is a blast.
Dobbin: (Bonnie's step-daughter) Teacher, mother, tells it like it is. You get no B.S. with Dobbin. She's got a great laugh and loves to use it!
Jen: (Bonnie's daughter-in-law) Mother of 3 boys under the age of 3..on purpose. I have no other words.
Krysty: (Best friend of Terri and Dobbin) Teacher, new mommy, and probably the nicest person you will ever meet.
Well, there you have it. If you are ever at a restaurant on a Monday night and hear a loud group of women, it is probably us. Sorry, I don't have a picture. I'll make sure to bring my camera next time.
8 comments:
Correction...I think you are hilarious!! Love you Jen for keeping things real!
Ok, How funny are you...I LOVE that Im in your blog!!! Now I feel almost famous! You hit everyones sassy personality on the head. Im going to be an everyday reader.
But what do you really DO in this birthday group? And when do you do it? When it is somebody's birthday in the group, or just whoever? Please! I need more information.
Ususally, it is someone's birthday each month. We have a lull right now until December. So, we meet each month-ish to celebrate whoever's birthday it is. We may even celebrate 2 birthdays in one month! The birthday girl gets a free dinner. Then,everyone pitches in $5.00 and the birthday girl gets a $50 gift card to the store of their choice.We talk, laugh, and visit. That's all. No big mystery. Does that answer all of your questions? Do you feel better, sugar?
That sounds really fun. How long have you been doing it?
That sounds like tons of fun! Good idea!
I'm sad I haven't met you yet, but I love that Jason posted a link to your thoughts...this will be come a bad habit for me I'm sure.
Message for Jason...On special birthday dinners we all meet at Bucca Di Peppo and we dine ..............(wait for it)
AT THE POPE'S TABLE!! You're more than welcome to come next time we go there. Loved your blog and yes, clowns freak me out, too!
Jen- you "Hit the Nail on the Head" with everyone's description!! Especially your sisters...Supermodel with a dry wit...Haha Now that's funny!! Love, Your Supermodel Sister
Post a Comment