Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Livvie's First Day Of School

Today was Livvie's first day of school. She woke up so excited to go. She's been watching sissy go to school for almost 3 weeks now and she was ready for it to be HER turn!! We got ready easily, barely any drama. (The shoes were an issue because she's been wearing her Crocs all summer, but we got through it with out any scars.)
Look how proud she is. She asked me what I was going to do while she was in school today. (I decided "Do the happy dance" was not an appropriate response.)
"I don't know, Liv." I replied.
"You can play with my dollies if you want." she offered.
"Can I play with your doll house too?" I asked.
"Sure!" she shouted.
She's a giver, that kid.
Anyhoo, Livvie was quick to tell anyone who would listen at Bella's school that today was her first day of school and she has on new shoes, and new strawberry shortcake panties, and, and, and...
Then we got to preschool. My little chatterbox started clinging to my leg, not speaking when spoken to, wouldn't take a picture with her teachers, the whole nine yards. Then, she stabs me in the heart with the tears and the "I miss my sissy!" I figured it was going to be rough for her to go to school for the first time without Bella there, but she fooled me with her excitement this morning.
I know she's fine and I'm sure she's having a great time. But, I am still anxious to go pick her up and see how she did. Little stinker.


5 comments:

sburns said...

OK, that one had me in tears. Those pictures of Olivia are priceless!
Dad

sburns said...

Is my Granddaughter cute or what. This is a proud Grandmother talking. I remember crying my first day of school. Actually, several days of school. Poor Livvie. I bet she is going to be so excited when you pick her up from school, especially because Bella will be with you!

Katrine said...

She's so cute!

leavira said...

I remember crying my first few days of preschool and I still cry to this day when I have to go to work. Actually it's the adult version of crying...Bi*** and moan!
Just ask poor Ralph who has to listen to it on a regular basis.

Anyway I finally did get to where I liked school but even so, I never took any pics as cute as Olivias.

Julistu said...

Dude...this one got me, I shed a tear. I love that kid!