Monday, September 10, 2007

We're Off to See the Wizard

Sunday was Ellie's birthday. She also turned 5. This time we were off to see the wizard. I have to hand it to Pearlman, she is one good party planner. The kids started "Over the Rainbow" with this rainbow pinata (Remember what I said about a good party? Has to have a pinata!) Once the pinata was opened, the kids got an assortment of rainbow goodies. They put their goodies into a Dorothy basket and off they went to Munchkin Land!!


While in Munchkin Land, we played Munchkin Bingo. Any time you got a BINGO, you had to shout Wizard of Oz! We got ruby red slipper stickers once we finished that game...get it? Dorothy got her slippers from Glinda (that's GA-Linda with a "GA") after the munchkins welcomed her. Isn't Kim clever?


Now it was time to head to the Emerald City. We made green necklaces in a room that looked like the Wizard himself had decorated it. There was a green table cloth, green balloons, green swirly-hangy things...you name it, it was green!



Next, the Wizard asked us to get the broomstick of the Wicked Witch. So, we headed outside and painted witch masks. Cute, right?

Finally, we headed back into the kitchen (there really is no place like home!) where we feasted on rainbow cupcakes. It was a theme-extravaganza I tell you! Kim has really thrown down the gauntlet for the rest of the parties. No pressure, people, I'm just saying...it was good!!










3 comments:

Katrine said...

Very cute party!

Jason, as himself said...

Thank God that I--I mean Diego--wasn't invited to this one---there's no way I could ever throw another birthday part for him ever again. My ideal birthday party is go to the park, let them play and eat cake, and go home.

On the other hand, the whole Friends of Dorothy theme is a very intriguing idea for an adult party!

FishMama said...

I just noticed they were using a golf club on the pinata. Gave me shivers...Yikes.