1. Visit the Eiffel Tower.(France )They actually went up to the middle deck there. My mom and dad walked the perimeter of the whole thing taking scenic shots when my mom finally asked my dad, "Well, where's the Eiffel Tower? I wanted to get a picture of that." This is why I was worried about them traveling alone. They were in the Eiffel Tower.
3. River Cruise down the River Thames (England). They liked this because they met their cruisin' friends, who live in England, for a day of sightseeing. This gave them a chance to catch up, see the city, and , of course, talk to other travelers on the cruise. And you know my parents, they are cruisers!!
4. Footloose (England). My parents saw Footloose in the London Theatre District. They loved this show because it was, "full of energy and the people who performed were good." Let's be honest, who doesn't wanna cut loose...Footloose!
5. Bridie and Joels' Last performance (Majorca, Spain). My parents visited their friends, Bridie and Joel, who they met on a cruise. Bridie and Joel were performers and my parents became life long friends with them. They have since visited my parents twice so, it was mom and dad's turn to visit them. They are the real reason my parents took this journey. Anyhoo, the night before my parents left, Bridie and Joel dedicated a couple of songs to them. They are performers at an all-inclusive type resort. My parents had fun dancing and chit chatting with, you guessed it, the other travelers. I think the real reason this made the cut is because one of the songs they dedicated was "My Girl" which just so happens to be the song I danced with my dad at my wedding. Coincidence? I think not.
6. The final favorite thing was when Bridie and Joel took my parents to a little town outside Palma, Majorca. The town was picturesque to say the least. When I saw the pictures form this part of their trip I commented that it looked like Disneyland. (Which is a good thing Jason.)
Well, there you have it. Those wild and crazy kids just had a blast, I tell you. You can take them up on their favorite things next time you find yourself in England or the very small island of Majorca.
1 comment:
What do you mean 0 comments. This is a great picture not to mention the story. Come on guys, get with it. I didn't go up the Eiffel Tower for nothing! Jason, I kept looking for you. Force of habit!
Post a Comment