
The end of the Fall birthday extravaganza is finally here! On Saturday we held a carnival birthday at our house for the girls. Since their birthdays are only one week apart, we have always celebrated the day together. The girls really are best friends and love each other so much. These are sweet days. Andy and I will have to remember this when they are teenagers fighting over clothes like Becky and I did!

Here's some of the friends eating lunch. We had hot dogs, nachos, popcorn, cotton candy and clown cones. Perfect Carnival food! (There was fruit and veggies too, but that's not fun!)

We tried to take a picture of each kid in the birthday sign. Here we are with the birthday girls!! Next, the kids were off to play games. We had penny toss, bean bag throw, ring toss, golf, tattoos, and face painting. Who needs the O.C. Fair?

I was feeling a bit emotional after the party was over. This month gets me that way!! We are so lucky to have so many dear friends in the girls lives. People who call and see if we need anything before the party starts, come early to help set up, run the carnival games, and pick up the cake or balloons. We could never thank them enough for the important part they play in our lives. Like Julie always says, " It's good to be a Lopez girl!"

Here's Grandma and Papa...they brought the delicious baked beans. Grandma was the event photographer. Papa, of course, manned the golf game "Hole in One."

Guess what they brought? Becky got fired from face painting and took over the tattoos. Casey left with Dora sleeves.

And then there was Jackie. Jackie is my pal Noodle's sister. (In all fairness, Noodle is the one who came up with the carnival idea. I only wish I were as crafty and cute as her! She is Martha Junior!!) Jackie came to help out with a booth. We all get a big kick out of Jackie. I've known her since she was just a punk in elementary school. She has a boyfriend that I like to call Fonzie. That's how cool he is. Anyway, Jackie and I have fun going at each other. My dad said he could sit back and listen to us go at it all day long. Maybe I should do a whole post about Jackie...but I digress.
Like all parties, when they are over, you hope everyone had fun. I always feel like I didn't get to talk to anyone. But, when I asked the girls what their favorite part of the party was they yelled unanimously, "Everything!" That's all that matters!
4 comments:
Wow! You did it again Jen. I love this Blog thing! It seems like our life is one big party, one after another. Can't wait for the Thanksgiving Blog! You are right. We are very lucky to have such wonderful and generous friends. Thanks to all of you.
Love, The Grandma and Grandpa
Just the post exhausted me! TAKE A BREAK!
Wow, you've been one busy blogger. Okay, first of all, you look totally hot in these photos, especially the one with the Happy Birthday sign.
And second, you didn't mention anything about those friends who came late and left early and didn't do a damn thing to help. Well. I guess I deserved it.
And last, this make it official: The LA county mother of the year award goes to....J-Lo!
PS-I wish I was a Lopez girl.
Post a Comment