Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Christmassy Tour of Homes

I've been reading a blog for about a year now. As a matter of fact, it was this time last year that my friend, Noodle, told me about this blog that was hosting a tour of homes. Being the nosy person that I am, I was all about looking into other people's houses for decorating ideas! So, if you want to see more than just my little abode...click here http://www.boomama.net/

Welcome. Merry Christmas! This is my front door. Isn't it exciting? I like it because it is purple, my favorite color. I got this ginormous wreath from Costco. I love a big obnoxious wreath to greet the folks as they come in.

This is my bookshelf. I took a picture of it, not for you to see what I am reading, but because it is where I put all of the past Santa photos of the girls. I have both Bella and Livvie stuffed in stockings when they were about 6 weeks old, plus lots of pics on Santa's lap. Can you see my new candles on top of the shelf? They look like Santa's belt. I thought they were cute.


I tried something new this year. This is where I am hanging the Christmas cards I got this year. You like? Makes TV viewing interesting.

This is where I am hanging all of the adorable photo cards we've received...the back of the purple door.

The stocking were hung...
This is my village. I started collecting Snow Village the year we got married. Mine is baby stuff compared to my mom's. She has 2 full sized craft tables covered in this stuff. Hey mom, shoot me over a picture of your village and you can be featured in Almost Famous twice this month!!

Now, on to the tree. I said before that our tree is a, shall we say, mixture of our lives together. I have tons of photo ornaments. Those are my favorites. Here's the girls in 2005, Andy and I in, ahem, 1995, and Dorothy. I love the Wizard of Oz.
More of the ladies...

Livvie girl.

And there she is. Our tree this year. I usually get a noble, but the prices hurt my feelings so, we opted for a Douglass Fir. I'd rather spend the extra cash on chocolate covered cherries and light up sweaters. Kind of looks crooked in the photo. I don't think it is crooked in real life.
Let me go check.
Nope. We're good to go. Whew!
All right, there you have it. Christmas at J Lo's house. Hope you enjoyed your visit!










11 comments:

Kathy b said...

Hi, I enjoyed touring your home. I enlarged the bookshelf photo so I could see those cute santa belt photos. All your photo ornaments are treasures.

Tracey said...

I love all your decorations and your village too!

Enjoyed my visit! Merry Christmas!

Bev Brandon @ The Fray said...

Okay, you easily swayed me to do what I have always wanted to do---a tree chocked full of photo ornaments...I have been collecting the ornaments but have never done it...i am so gonna do it...loved my visit to your blog!
Merry Christmas from #339 on
BooMama's Tour Bus

sburns said...

Jen. Even though I see you house every day, I loved your blog. I'm proud of everything you did with the house and I am really excited that you are following in the Johnson tradition, "Decorate until it looks like Santa threw-up!" I love it!

Anonymous said...

Loved this post. I totally forgot about the blog home tour. I have so much stuff to do and I am going to want to sit and nose up on other people's Christmas decorations. Love all your new BFF's too by the way. Livvie's comments are too funny!

Dawn said...

Love your stockings and villages!!!

I have a small little village collection of my own (mainly constructed of villages from the Dollar Tree, but it's still good).

One day, when I am rich and Publishers Clearinghouse rings my doorbell and offers me a check, I will be able to afford the village sets in Hallmark :-)

Thank you for allowing me to take a tour of your home!

Merry Christmas from Dawn in Germany!

rcrex said...

Don't even pretend like you paid for the light-up sweater. I have this sinking feeling that you're trying to kidnap my treasured Quacker!

Lacking Productivity said...

I love those candles! Cute Cute Cute!

Amydeanne said...

i like where you hung your cards! what a neat idea! i may have to borrow that next year!

Nadine said...

I love your decorations, especially the photo ornaments. I have some on my tree too. I have the same metal star and heart frame. Have a Merry Christmas.

Katrine said...

I love the photo ornaments! I'm going to have to start a collection of my own!