Friday, December 28, 2007

My Funny Sister

My high school friend Stephanie is expecting her first baby. My friend Noodle and I attended her baby shower this past weekend. On the way to the shower we were reminiscing about old times, how it seems like we just attended Steph's wedding shower, etc. etc. Then we started talking about a funny comment my sister made to us at Steph's wedding shower.

When we were in high school, Steph and Jen lived 2 doors down from me and Noodle lived around the corner. We were always at each other houses goofing off. During summer vacation, well any free time we had actually, we would make up dances, have sleep overs, tp each other's houses, and sing to the mailman...good, clean, fun. This was before we had cars, jobs, or much responsibility. We grew up in a town without a mall, with only 1 movie theatre, and little to get us into trouble. We entertained ourselves.

My sister, on the other hand, was quite the opposite of me and my friends. She was cool, hung out with people who smoked (gasp!), and was never home. My sister has a very dry sense of humor and is very funny. We are great friends now, but had some rough teenage years together. We would fight constantly over clothes and shoes. I even bought a lock for my door so she wouldn't "steal my stuff." Good times.

Well, at the shower we were laughing about how we would wait for the mailman to come and run outside and sing, "Wait a minute Mr. Postman. Waaaaiiiittt, Mr. Postman." (I realize as I am typing this what a dork I sound like, but it was funny at the time, okay?) We were laughing at how we had a routine all choreographed to go with our song. Oh, we were so funny.

Becky turns to us, disgusted at what dorks we were, (are?) and says, "I should have kicked your asses when I had the chance."

She's probably right.

5 comments:

FishMama said...

Dork is beautiful!

Love you!

Lacking Productivity said...

I love sisters! I have three of them....who knew there could literally be 4 different forms of opposite? We are so entirely different, but I can't describe how deeply I love each of them and how much fun and laughter we share.

My sister, Karli and I, choreographed a dance to the Locomotion and sang it all the time-we both still remember every step. We also wrote a song and dance for my little sister Konnie, but she never really appreciated it as much as we did.

Jason, as himself said...

Being dorky can be so much fun. Nothing wrong with that.

But maybe Becky should kick your asses now. Cat fight!

rcrex said...

Is it wrong that I'm totally with Becky on that one?

Jen said...

That is so funny, such memories. We were pretty dorky, but we had a great time.
The airheaded Alabastro Bud,
Jen