I get my house cleaned by professionals twice a year; once before the girls birthday and once before my Easter brunch. I have to laugh though, because it takes me a good solid week of "cleaning" before the cleaning lady even comes. When I know the cleaning lady is coming I always get in a groove and start organizing things that have been neglected for the past 6 months...the junk drawer, the pantry, the girls drawers, underneath my bathroom sink. I guess maybe because I know I won't have to do the deep cleaning, I want everything to be put away in the right place so I can enjoy the cleanliness a little bit more. What made me post about cleaning? As I was scurrying around last night before bed, I was in our bathroom wiping down the counters. Andy says,"Why are you cleaning before the cleaning lady comes?"
He has a point, but I don't want them to know what barn animals we truly are!! I mean, there is dirty, and then there is dirty. Oh, I exaggerate.
I am happy to report the house looks great. Now, how am I going to entertain the girls for two more days without letting them touch ANYTHING?
5 comments:
My husband has said the same comment to me several times. MEN!! They just don't get it!
Lisa
Were the cleaning ladies making barn animal noises this time as they cleaned? Looking forward to seeing your sparkling home.
Take it from someone whose cleaning lady is one of her best friends...have the cleaning lady come AFTER the gathering. It's heartbreaking to see a party ruin your clean house. No one will even notice your house if there are a lot of people there, and then afterwards you don't have to worry about the mess, I mean as soon as you clean up for the cleaning lady to come you won't have to worry about the mess.
My question is. . .what kind of a barn animal ARE you?
I want an invite to Easter Brunch next year!
Post a Comment