
Decorating Easter eggs always reminds me of my Grandma
Lolo. I remember sitting at her table with her brown coffee mugs, pouring the vinegar in the cups while the little color tabs start to fizz. I am all about tradition and I do the same thing with my girls. I use coffee cups for the dye and still by the
Paas egg dye. No
tye-dye, glitter eggs here. Just the real deal. So, last night after work, we got to the task at hand...decorating Easter eggs!

What a difference a year makes. The girls did a nice job and even were creative with the eggs. I was thinking of a video I have of the girls when they were 2 and 3. Bella doesn't get her hands dirty in the dye. She carefully puts the eggs on the spoon and dunks the eggs in the dye. Olivia holds the eggs in her hand, dunks each egg in every color turning them all a lovely shade of brown, banging the eggs against the cup and cracking each and every one. Fitting, don't you think?
They are so excited about the Easter Brunch tomorrow. I'll be sure to post lots of pictures!
3 comments:
Very fun! We did it the old fashioned way today, too. Only I son't own such cool white coffee cups. I bought a kit that supplied its own cups. How lazy is that?
We did do one new twist. I saw it in a magazine. Wrap rubber bands around the eggs and you can get "racing stripes." Can you tell I live with men?
I like the old fashioned way, too! Only this year at the very last minute I realized we had no Paas tablets, so I used food coloring. And we only had blue, yellow and good coloring. So all of our eggs this year were blue, green, and yellow. No brilliant orange ones, which are my favorite.
I remember being so sad, year after year, when I would dip my eggs into all the colors in an effort to make a gorgeous rainbow miracle egg, but it always turned out this ugly orange brown...let's hope Olivia is intentional about the brown, or else she is in for years of disappointment.
Post a Comment