Sunday, March 2, 2008

Happy Birthday Dr. Seuss

Our school celebrates Dr. Seuss's birthday with a program called Read Across America. Over two days we are able to hear guest speakers read a Seuss story or a favorite book of their own, we make hats, and do other special projects to celebrate reading. The Principal usually reads, along with the Superintendent, our custodian, a few teachers, even parents! Sometimes we get celebrities like Bobby Block (a former student who has had parts in many movies), a guy that was in The Grinch, and of course, my sister- in- law! All week for Bella's reading homework she has chosen Seuss books for us to read. Those suckers are long and tongue- twisty!

So, don't forget to wish Dr. Seuss a Happy Birthday on Monday, March 2nd!!

2 comments:

Jason, as himself said...

I love Read Across America!

Lacking Productivity said...

For the longest time, there were several Dr. Seuss books that I did not understand one or more parts from.

I still don't understand them, but I'm not so embarrassed to admit it anymore. (Like why the heck did the mom leave the house in the first place...what could be so pressing that she had to leave 2 kids alone with a goldfish to watch over them?).