.JPG)
Today was the last day of school. Which means, it was the last day of Kindergarten. (sob!) As a teacher, the last few days of school are filled with paperwork, packing, cleaning, and hyper kids. The last day of school to kids means a whole lot more. My girls are teaching me this. Bella ran into my room this morning shouting, "It's the last day of school!!" Then, in her sweet 5 year old voice she told me, "This side of my brain is happy. This side of my brain is sad."
"Why?" I asked.
"This side is happy because it is your birthday. (Happy Birthday to me!) This side of my brain is sad because I love Kindergarten and I am going to miss my friends and my teacher."
Can you stand it?
.JPG)
Kindergarten has a picnic on the last day of school. So, Bella got to bring her lunch to school!!! This was a very big deal in our house today,
thank you very much.
Bella sure loved her teacher. Livvie hopes she gets her next year as well.
.JPG)
Here are Bella and her pals Evelyn and Stefani. Friends sure make Kindergarten fun!
.JPG)
This is Sammie. She's a great friend too.
I am happy to report Bella left Kindergarten more confident, more talkative, and loving to learn. She loves to write stories, draw pictures, and read anything she can. I couldn't be prouder.
I am going to go cry now.
2 comments:
I was there for this joyous occasion along with Papa. Watching Bella with her friends sharing autographs, wanting their picture taken together and then ending the day with a great big hug while saying good-by to their "best friends." We wouldn't of missed it for the world. Congratulations Bella. We are so proud of you!!
Happy Belated Birthday..and congratulations to Bella! I'm really sorry if anyone was embarrassed about, you.know.what, that looked more like you.know.what.
Can't wait for the SMS post.
Post a Comment