Tuesday, August 19, 2008

My Yearly Check Up

I went yesterday for my annual girly appointment. Last year, I had a cyst in my boobie and it totally freaked me out so, I am being very diligent about my appointments. I love my nurse practitioner. She is the one I saw through both pregnancies, always remembers my girls' names, and genuinely talks to you before she, ummm, does what she does. She took a look at my chart yesterday and started going over all of the crap that I went through the past few years. It went a little something like this:
"You've really had it rough these past few years. Your ectopic in 2000, pregnancy induced hyper tension in 2002, followed by emergency c-section at 34 weeks. Seven day hospital stay in 2003 followed by another c-section and a 4 cm cyst drained in 2007."

How do you answer that? I mumbled something about never even having a cold, but left the doctor's office feeling like a big old train wreck. I think she was being sympathetic, but when she lumped it all together like that well, I didn't like the sound of it. Then she hit me with the bad news.

I have to break up with my boyfriend. His name is caffeine. Apparently, caffeine is an enemy of boobie cysts. So, for the good of my boobs, I am breaking up with coffee, iced tea, Vanilla Coke Zero, and watching my chocolate intake (I can't give that up too. TRUST ME you wouldn't want to be around me if THAT had to happen!!) We'll see how long this lasts. Hopefully I won't go postal on anyone. Wish me luck.

P.S. How cute is my blog???

11 comments:

sburns said...

The blog is really cute. It looks something that Olivia would design.

You're not going to try and give up caffine. You WILL give up caffine. Spoken like a true mother. Remember me........I also had to give up all kinds of carbinated drinks and caffine.

Good lunk!!

Unknown said...

I love the new look! My doctor tells all women to give up caffeine.

FishMama said...

I bet it will be easier than giving up TV! You can do it, Jen!

Laura said...

will redbull hurt my boobs?

Maternal Mirth said...

Very cute ...

and I have ne'er heard of a teacher who didn't chug coffee straight out of the pot. Whoa!

Sheri said...

Love the new look!! :)

Pumpkin Delight (Kimberly) said...

Oh good lord, that's horrible. I think I would, I don't know, scream and yell and not be a very nice person if the doctor told me to give up caffeine. That would be really bad. I'm glad that's all the boobie thing is though. Even after all that, you are still a very "up" person. We'll see if that lasts after giving up caffeine. Just kidding.
I love, love, love your new look. I really like this website's look more than pyzam, but I don't want to have change everything again. Maybe my next vacation.

Jason, as himself said...

Oooooooooo, fancy schmancy. You're mom is right...it looks exactly like something Olivia would design.

Now, to the topic of boobies and caffeine. Are you sure you have your priorities straight? I mean, you can always get fake boobs. But is there really a substitue for caffeine?

Now what is your favorite drink going to be?

It's so hard to be a girl.

heartshapedhedges said...

BEEEAUUUUTIFULLLL

I L.O.V.E. your new page, with pink puffy hearts!

Please tell me how to do it(Ill pick a different look of course, even though we are BFF-twins.)

Just think of a new habit.....carrot sticks perhaps....nawww.....nevermind!

Unknown said...

Your new design is so pretty it made me want a baby girl : )! I hope you will be ok without the caffeine. I love Vanilla Coke Zero myself. I could drink it all day. And ALL night : ). Hope school is going well! Oh, and your profile picture is very pretty too. Even nicer than Jason's : )!

Lacking Productivity said...

I am trying so hard to pretend like your caffeine thing does not apply to me...I love my diet sodas!