Sunday, October 26, 2008

High School Musical 3

October 24th was finally here! We got to go see High School Musical 3. And by we, I mean the girls, my mom and dad, Julie, and Andy. Yes, Andy went with us. He sat through the whole thing and any stranger looking at him wouldn't even guess he was there against his own free will. He did whisper to me, however, that when we got home we were going to have to watch Scarface to make up for it. Whatever.
So, I dressed the girls up in their Halloween costumes to go see the movie. They are both Wildcat cheerleaders...you know, from East High School? How cute do they look?
Here's my review of the movie. The people over at Disney stepped it up a notch, I think because
they were having people pay to see it this time. Always before, HSM was on the Disney Channel. There were probably 10 major production numbers in the movie. It was very cheesy and campy. There were many Grease (an ode to "Greased Lightning" and a big "We Go Together" moment at the very end)moments. There was even an angry- Footloose- boy- becoming- a -man moment. But, all in all I really enjoyed watching these kids graduate from high school. I even got a little misty at the end. Did I just say that? And, might I add that I think I might have a crush on Zac Efron?!?! He's all muscley and man-ish looking in the movie now. He didn't look like a teenager any more. Zac is headed off to college after all. So, that makes it okay that I have a crush on him, right?
Have to go out today and get the soundtrack!!

4 comments:

Pumpkin Delight (Kimberly) said...

So, if they are off to college does that mean there won't be any new high school musicals? They're done, right?
Glad the girls (and you) had fun, but I'm with Andy. I'd rather watch Scarface.

Lacking Productivity said...

Um...so you totally should have titled your post "High School Musical 3: SPOILER ALERT."

Now that I know the ending, I don't know if it will be worth dishing out the $17 it will cost for Paul and I to go. Dang.

mitzi said...

I have a crush on Zac, too!!!

heartshapedhedges said...

We are going this weekend, and Im just as excited as the kids. I love these movies...and their soundtracks!