Today we headed off to Epcot Center. Epcot is divided into two parts, Future World and World Showcase. Future World is a great place that focuses on the land, space, sea, and future. There are not a ton of rides here, but lots of things to see and learn. The best thing we saw was "Turtle Talk with Crush". It was an interactive show with the turtle from Nemo. Very funny and super clever.
In the World Showcase, you get a passport and visit countries around the world. At this time of year, they focus on how each country celebrates Christmas. The girls had so much fun with their passports. They added each country's stickers, then when they visited each country, the cast member would stamp the passport and write something in their native language inside. We were cruising around the world and our first stop was Canada. We listened to Papa Noel talk about Christmas in Canada. Then we went inside to see a circle vision movie about Canada. By the time we got out of the show it was pouring rain. Now, I am a California girl born and raised. It rains maybe 5 times a year where I live. The newscasters always call any little droplets of rain a "Storm Watch." Well, I'm here to tell you people, that we don't know anything about rain! It was raining so hard that you couldn't see your hand in front of your face. We tried to wait it out a bit, but the rain just wouldn't stop. So, we decided to brave it and make it to the next country. Big mistake. It was raining and blowing so hard that by the time we made it to France we were completely drenched from head to toe. We were so drenched, in fact, that the girls wanted to go home...while we were at Disneyworld. The girls had on rain coats, but nobody else was prepared for a monsoon so we bought the rain tarps that they sell at Disney. So, basically for the rest of the day we walked around in trash bags. So much for Christmas pictures!! I ended up getting the girls new socks and pants because we had reservations for dinner with the princesses. If I was to cancel my reservation I would have been charged $60.00 anyway so, we decided to stick it out.
We ate at Akershus in Norway. As we ate dinner Belle, Jasmine, Sleeping "Judy", (My girls still call her Sleeping Judy) Mulan, and Snow White all came to our table for pictures and autographs. Bella really enjoys the character interactions. It is so cute. I think she thinks they are real. It's like she's seeing a movie star or something. I won't tell you how mediocre the food was or how freakin' expensive the dinner was, but it was worth watching the girls with the Princesses.
We left Epcot almost dry, but cold and tired. As we were walking to the car it started raining again. Not one of us thought to see where we parked and no one could recognize our car because it is a rent-a-car! My mom started to loose her charm a bit by this point. We finally found the car and made our way home. It's never a dull moment around here!!
p.s. I've tried to upload pictures, but my connection is weak from this laptop. Boy do I have some good ones, too!
2 comments:
My son used to live in Cocoa Bch. and then Orlando. The rain is something that makes a California girl sheepishly embarrassed to ever complain about rain again.
Don't wade through deep puddles. Not that they are everwhere, but gators do "get around".
Can't wait to see pics
I want the Buckets losing her charm in the rain picture on this year's Christmas card.
Post a Comment