Wednesday, December 31, 2008

A Little of This...

I have to admit, that the overwhelming response to my last post has left me a little...speechless. How do I dare do another post when I have nothing extremely witty to say? I hate to disappoint my audience.
Do I talk about my extreme aversion to clothing this Christmas vacation? No, I haven't been lounging around nude (sorry, Jason). The girls and I have just been happy as clams to lie (lay?) around in our pj's for as long as humanly possible each day, sometimes never getting dressed. This might be a problem for us when school rolls around again.
Or perhaps I discuss the obsession Andy and I have discovered with the show Weeds. My principal gave me season one to watch and we are now on season three and loving every second of it. It was filmed out here and very much takes on the stereotype of the people that live in that particular community. It's witty, absurd, and dare I say, sexy. Can't wait for Andy to get home so we can watch a few more episodes!
Maybe you'd like to hear about our New Year's plans. Oh, they are big. We are going out to dinner to our favorite "nice" restaurant and then, wait for it, taking the girls to the movies to see Bedtime Stories!!! Not sure we'll make it to the crack of New Year, unless we don't run out of Weeds episodes before then.
On a serious note, my sister was admitted last night as it seems she has a leak in her...how shall I say this delicately...amniotic sac. We Burns girls just don't do pregnancy. Anyway, the doctors were able to stop the contractions and she is holed up in the hospital until next Thursday when she will be 36 weeks along. She's miserable, crying, and feeling sad that she's in the hospital all alone. I say,"Freakin' sign me up! I'd love a stay in a new hospital where I have to lie (lay?) flat for a week." But, she won't know until the baby comes, how much she should have loved up the silence. Silly girl.
Well, that about wraps it up here. Pj's, Weeds, a big night out and awaiting the baby. Now make sure you comment so that I don't feel like a disappointing Blogger.

8 comments:

FishMama said...

Wish a night at the movies was in my budget! But, 7 people times whatever it costs these days = small fortune. Gonna go scare up a rental of WallE if there are any left. We shall see....

Actually, your plans sound grand....lounging around. Yeah! Happy New Year, JLo!

Unknown said...

Happy New Year, and good luck to your sister! Yeah, I'm with you on the week furlough in a hospital bed with a call button. And being retired I think I spend more money on comfy jammies that dress up clothes.

heartshapedhedges said...

I am so with you on the hospital bed thing (we are twins, right?) I could just blog and watch tv all day, and call the nurses for more beverages and snacks...good times!

I hate to tell you that our New Years Eve is going to out-do yours....yep, we watch the ball drop (Eastern Time)....do the count down in the drive way with the kids.....pull some poppers, toast with a glass of Martinelli's, and the kids are in bed by 9:15....and Im on my way soon too!

Happy New Year!

Jason, as himself said...

Oh, boy! A new little Burns baby is at the door! Yesssssss.

What kind of a principal do you have that she would give you a tv series such a Weeds to watch? That show is not appropriate for principals or teachers.

Happy New Year!


From your gay husband.

Unknown said...

I thought you would never comment again.....and I missed you : ). You are always hilarious! I will be praying for your sister! I have been keeping her in my thoughts for a few months now. I have to go back and read the post that had everyone laughing and commenting. I am sure it was good!

PS I LOVE staying in pajamas all day!

Pumpkin Delight (Kimberly) said...

I'm right there with you with the jammies. Since I've been back I've been in my warm, snuggly jammies most of the time. Isn't Weeds the best! I love, love, LOVE it! They move out of "our" neighborhood in the next season, but she starts dating a hot drug kingpin. It's good stuff.

Ed Brophy said...

Happy New Year J-Lo and Fam

Jen said...

Yes, your last post was hard to top. It was so funny that I had Brent read it, and he was cracking up. He said you and Andy must be quite a pair. :-)