Friday, January 2, 2009

Introducing...

Sofia Autumn
January 2nd, 2009
4:24 a.m.
5lbs. 6 oz.
18 1/2 inches
It was a long night for everyone. Becky finally got to push around 1:45. After about an hour, nothing was happening, Becky had completely lost her cherub-like demeanor, a few F-bombs were dropped, and they made us all leave the room and wait in the waiting room. So we waited, and waited, and waited. It was freezing in the waiting room so, I went to wait in the hallway by the magical doors that go to the labor and delivery section. I see some activity coming from Becky's room. Nurses going in. Nurses going out. Then, I see a bed start to roll out of the room. I think, "After all this she's having a c-section." But, no. Becky wasn't on the bed...it was a baby! Once Sofia was close to the end, if you will, Becky gave 3 pushes and she was out. So, 24 hours later Becky and Charlie have a brand spankin' new baby girl. I am so sad that I didn't get to witness the birth, since I've never actually seen one. But, after watching Becky go through some of it, I think "Thank God I had a c-section! " Ouch!!
Sofia will remain in the NICU for a week. When babies are born premature, they watch them for sleep apnea, the ability to suck, and growth. As long as all of those things go well, Sofia will get to come home soon. The girls are so sad that they can't hold her yet, but they will have a lifetime to play with their "real life" cousin.
As for Becky, she's on cloud nine. I had to laugh to myself when we got to see her after her delivery. She was all sunshine and roses. Quite a difference from the last time we, ahem, saw her. Char Char is great to. He was a good coach to Becky and had to take over my duties as cameraman.
I'll post more pictures after the next visit!!

9 comments:

FishMama said...

Congratulations, everyone! Can't believe we are so old that your baby sister is a MOM. Oh dear....

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh! She is beautiful! I love babies! I still remember when you showed the ultra sound and you said Guess who is having a baby. And then you said if you guessed you to slap yourself. I think that is when I knew this was a brilliant blog : ).

Anonymous said...

Hi Jen, Baby Sofia is sooo cute!!! I think she looks like her cousin Livie.Please give my congrats to Becky and Charlie. Congrats to you for becomimg an Auntie...its the best!!

Love Terri W

Pumpkin Delight (Kimberly) said...

Wonderful news! Glad YOU made it through Aunt Jen. Looking forward to more pictures.

Anonymous said...

Becky dropping the F-bomb? Never!! Can't wait to meet Sofia. Congratulations!
KMilty

Lacking Productivity said...

How exhausting! But what a cutie!

Hula Hank said...

Just pictures of the baby, right?

Not the actual birth? But those may be pretty, I mean babies come via storks right?

Jason, as himself said...

YAY! She's here! Now another Burns girl will join the Burns life doing all the happy Burns things!

Congratulations. You've got many happy years ahead with this little girl.

ChiTown Girl said...

Awww...congrats to one and all!