Wednesday, January 21, 2009

So, I am talking on the phone to my job share partner and Andy is taking a nap. The girls are awfully quiet, which can never be good, right? A few minutes later, in come Olivia with mascara down to her chin.
"Mama, help me get the black off."
I lick my finger, the way moms do, and proceed to further smear the mascara.
Olivia goes back into her room to check on her beauty. Not satisfied with my lick job, she says,"It's still all over me!"
I whisper to her that I will help her when I get off the phone. "You need lotion to get it off," I tell her.
A few minutes more, Olivia comes walking into the kitchen like this:




She had gone in her room, gotten the lotion, rubbed it all over her face to get the mascara off.

I, of course, snapped a picture before helping her.




15 comments:

Anonymous said...

That must be one of those "Jokes in everyday life" you are amused by. Poor Olivia. We can all laugh at her expence. Oh well, on the upside...at least she'll have a silky smooth complexion.

P.S. Consider yourself lucky. Once when a friend was babysitting 2 very quiet children, she found the 8 year old brother giving the 4year old sister a reverse mohawk with the buzzers.

Karen said...

Welcome to the Mom of the Year club! Great picture!

Anonymous said...

You are so MOM OF THE YEAR!!!!

Jason, as himself said...

Oh....MY GOD! This truly takes the cake! You are SO not the mother of the year any more! I love it! Did she dump the whole entire bottle on her face?

I hope it didn't sting.

Somehow this makes me love you even more. Oh, and your girls, too.

Lacking Productivity said...

oh my gosh. These photos are going to be so valuable one day.

Unknown said...

That's hilarious. I'm not surprised by how Olivia looks though. I look similar to that when I put my anti-aging cream on at night. Oh and you got off easy..at least it wasn't popcorn kernels up the nose, requiring a visit to the ER.

mitzi said...

Made my day. That is so funny and adorable and frightening all at once!

ChiTown Girl said...

Absolutely hilarious!!! One more reason I thank God every single day for giving me a boy!!!! I would have snapped a picture first, too, BTW ;-)

Anonymous said...

Ha Ha Ha!
Flashback to the green paint day.
Looks like you just needed Abbey there yelling "We're okay, We're okay!

KMilty said...

Classic! Your stories always make me laugh.

sburns said...

Jen, that so reminds us of when you opened the bottle of baby powder and sprayed it all over you, the dog and your room. I have to find that picture. You were only about a year old. I simply love the paybacks!!

ChiTown Girl said...

JLo! I'm so sorry to leave this here, but I accidentally deleted your email address. I came home to find a bulging package in my mailbox today. (NO, not THAT kind! I wish!! tee hee!) Your gift for my babies arrived!! Yay! OMG, they are sooo cute!! Thanks a million! I can't wait to bring them to school Monday :) Tell the girls to be on the lookout for a little something coming their way from Chicago... ;-)


(BTW, my word verification word is "dumbali" which is how I felt when I realized I deleted your address!!)

Anonymous said...

Charlie and I laughed so hard we peed our pants and I am crying!!! This is my favorite post ever!! Classic!!

Love, Aunt Becky & Uncle Char Char

Unknown said...

OH MY GOSH! Did it get in her eyes? Quiet makes me instantly fill with fear when the kids are upstairs. Quiet is the prelude to BIG messes : ).

Pumpkin Delight (Kimberly) said...

Too cute! I love it.