Tuesday, February 3, 2009

100th Day of School!

Today was the 100th day of school. Livvie was so excited about this day. Her homework was to make a vest with 100 things on it. She had pennies, sequins (naturally), ladybugs, horses, flowers, hearts, fuzzy pom-poms...you name it, it was on there! So, here's the front of the vest...
And the back of the vest...Can you handle the fancy?
Mommy, Papa, and Grandma all helped out in the classroom that day. They had so many fun activities in which to count to 100. They made trail mix by counting 10 of each goody, necklaces with 100 fruit loops, drew a picture of themselves when they were 100 (complete with white hair), stamped 100 stamps, and read books about 100 day.
Here's Drew and Livvie making trail mix with Papa.
Here's the whole cute lot of them in their 100 day vests. What a fun day!
Please notice Olivia front and center. She wanted to be fancy for 100 day (shocking!) so she combined an old Thanksgiving skirt with a Christmas top...and her chucks. She's freakin' Punky Brewster. Love her!



5 comments:

ChiTown Girl said...

How the heck did I miss this post? SO cute!!! Our 100th day is Friday, Feb. 20, and the kids are so psyched!! We do just about all those things, too, except for the vest. If I thought for one millisecond that my parents would help their kids make them, I would totally steal that idea! I do ask that they bring 100 of "something" to school (Cheerios, macaroni, pennies, Q-tips, etc) then we use them to count, group, add, pattern, and so on. We make the froot loop necklaces, too, which are usually eaten before school ends! I always bring cookies for the babies to make a 100 on a plate. I use those fudge covered "sticks" and fudge covered shortbread cookies. That's always a big hit. And, the babies make 100 Day crowns. OMG, this post is too long....must stop typing....sorry!

Lacking Productivity said...

That's it. I gotta start celebrating 100 day too.

Unknown said...

She is so adorable it makes me sick. OH mY GOSH! I love her creative wardrobe. I want a little girl just like her. Please arrange.

Pumpkin Delight (Kimberly) said...

I love that your dad is there helping out. What a trooper!

I also can't stop laughing over the green muscle-man shirt that little boy is wearing in the last picture. Did that have 100 muscles on it or something? :)

Anonymous said...

Very Cute!! And I love Olivias "Superstar" pose