Sunday, March 8, 2009

Disneyland 2009

Once upon a time, the Almost Famous family headed to Disneyland on a Friday night. Three hours later, they arrived too hungry, pooped, and cold to go to the park. After a good night's rest, they were raring to go first thing the next morning!!
What was everyone so excited about? It's Papa's birthday, of course! It seems as though the whole park was ready to celebrate Papa's birthday. This year, you can register on line to go to Disneyland for free on your birthday, but if you are a pass holder, you get a $69 gift card.
We started our day at California Adventure. Papa was all excited to show us his new favorite ride Toy Story Mania. It was so much fun! You use those little shooty things to aim at the different carnival games. All the while you earn points. It's always fun to ride something new!
After that, we headed to Disneyland but, had to stop first at the California sign. Rumor has it, they are taking it out as part of the renewal going on at C.A.
"L" for Lopez girls!

I bet you can guess what the "O" is for!
Our main goal today was to see the new Small World. It has been closed for over a year undergoing some renovations.
I had to take this picture for my friend Pumpkin, because she's all Irish and stuff. Plus, she doesn't like Disneyland so she would never get a chance to see the tribute to her peeps.
The renovation to Small World included some new boats and princesses and other Disney characters added to the lands. They added a completely new land called...United States. There you could find Pocahontas, Jesse, and Woody from Toy Story.
Both my girls have been sick all week with a nasty cough. They are feeling better though and had a super fun time.

Papa bought this hat for Bella with his birthday gift card. Livvie got a stuffed "Lady"(as in "and the Tramp.") We sure love this tradition of going to Disneyland for Papa's birthday! Hopefully next year baby Sofia can come with us!









5 comments:

sburns said...

I sure was surprised to see this already this morning. I loved all the pictures especially me with the 3D glasses on. We really did have a great time. For some reason I always have a difficult time getting around the next day. Why is that??

Pumpkin Delight (Kimberly) said...

Looks like you had fun! Thanks for the photo!

Jason, as himself said...

Fun, fun, fun! Your dad is such a good sport. And he even spent his gift card on the grandkids.

They're taking the L out? I dont' get it.

Califrnia?

I'm dense.

Unknown said...

What a nice tradition! I read where Disney is accepting installment payments for the annual passes now! That makes it easier for families to buy them.

Unknown said...

It looks like so much fun! What a great day! I really want to take Kaish to Disney World or Disney Land before he is too old. He is practically too old now. 9...that is basically 20 in my book.

Happy Birthday to your Daddy : ). Aren't Dad's the best?