Last night was my friend Cari's birthday. A few months ago she called us and said, "We are going to see Grease for my birthday." You know when Grease is involved, I'm in! Our non-working friend, Kim aka our secretary, chose a fantastic restaurant for us. We had pumpkin ravioli, beef tenderloin encrusted with blue cheese in a port wine reduction, chocolate mousse, and wine. And martinis. And wine. Yummy!

As with anytime we get together, we started to talk and laugh.

And laugh.

We laughed so hard that we cried.

My friend Danielle has a very loud, distinctive laugh. I've talked about it before. Well some people, shall we say, don't appreciate the laugh we have grown to know and love. Take these people for example. They stared us down a few times until finally I said, "Yes, she has a loud laugh. It is genuine and we are having a good time for our friend's birthday. Cheers!" Then, they left us alone. I love how
we are the wierdos on Hollywood Boulevard. Hmmm...

After dinner, we walked the .6 miles to the Pantages. Along the way we stopped and looked in the wacky shops. Might have bought a thing or two. One guy asked us if we were dancers. I immediately replied, "Yes. I am the headliner. My name is Slap Happy." (Cause my boobs would be slapping my tummy if I were
that kind of dancer.)
Next, we headed to Grease. It was a good version of the play. It is so hard not to sing along to the songs we know and love. I'm not sure it is appropriate during a show, but we did it anyway. I wonder if it is possible to get kicked out of Grease? Taylor Hicks from American Idol was the teen angel. He was the best part of the show and I'm not even a member of Soul Patrol.
Then, we headed for some coffee. Some of us needed to sober up. I'm not saying who! Right outside the Starbucks was a night club. I was walking by and who do I see? DTrix and Hawk from So You Think You Can Dance and America's Best Dance Crew!!! I have a policy. I do not say hi to famous-ish people. I know how much
I hate it when people constantly bring up my Almost Famous name, so I get it! (Ha!) Well, call me a real fan because I walked right past them and then I went back and told them congratulations on winning ABDC and that I have loved them since SYTYCD. They were so sweet and very cute in person. I'm glad I stopped to tell them how much I liked them. Stupid me, didn't think to take a picture with them. I'm still kicking myself this morning!!

What a great night! My birthday is next. I wonder what we should do for my birthday?!?!
10 comments:
OOOO! Fun! What was the restaurant? We're going to the Pantages in May & we need a good place to eat before.
I love Hawk! He was my favorite on SYTYCD. Again, do you ever take a bad picture? You always look SASSY!
Four silly blondes! Does it get any better? I love Grease too.
We enjoyed Grease too!!
OMG I wouldve totally taken a pic with Hawk! Hes my favorite!!
Aw ... looks like a blast. Tell Dani D I said 'hi' :o)
OMG! I loved Dom on SYTYCD! He's so cute!
Your meal sounds delish...wait, I thought you didn't like meat? :)
Yes! You told me something about meat issues!!
Although to be fair, you did not specify exactly what definition of "meat" you were referring.
I don't know who the celebs you saw were, is that the american idol guy that always looked like he was taking a big poop when he sang?
How was the martini?
You took a picture of the laugh lookers and not a picture of the famous people : ). Very nice move. Very, very nice!
Your life is so much fun! I loved your night out. I also LOVE loud laughers. Life is too short. Laugh any way you want to!
Hahaha looks like fun! I am headed out with my girlfriends this weekend and can only imagine the trouble we will get in.... can't wait!
Wow! How fun. You four look awesome, stunning, even, in these photos. Of course, you're the hottest.
And you so did not say that to that guy about your Slap Happy boobs.
You girls must have really been drunk to stay that way clear until the end of the show!
OK! I am so going to have hurt feelings and serious issues if I am not included in your B-Day plans now that I am you NEWEST BFF! ESPECIALLY if there is food and martini's!
On a side note, Jerry wants to know your special birthday food request -- he's ready to put on the apron and prepare something special :)
Post a Comment