My dad loves baseball. When I was in high school, I didn't play any sports...DUH! But, I was a stat girl for the Varsity baseball team for two years. That was my dad's dream come true. He got to go to the games and watch the excellent team we had because I was somehow involved. ;)My dad tries to visit as many ball parks as he can and has a pennant from each one he's visited. Well, we couldn't go to Arizona and not go to the new Diamondback Stadium. (Are you impressed I attended a sporting event?) It is an indoor stadium that has a roof that can open and close as weather permits. It is state of the art and has lots of fun things to look at...besides the game going on.(Don't I sound like I know what I am talking about?) They even have a swimming pool in the outfield that you can rent for parties and swim while you watch the game. How cool is that?
Our seats were in the front row on the upper deck. They were up HIGH. Really high. Way too high for this agorophobic. I had to wait until the game started to see what seats were left so I could sit back a row or two. I couldn't tell you much about the game becuase I didn't really watch it. (Sorry, dad.) I was too busy eating, people watching, and playing with the baby. Olivia enjoyed the experience most of all. She started with a Subway sandwich, moved on to peanuts, asked for a hot dog, munched on some cracker jacks, drank a slurpee, and shared ice cream with me. She liked the whole baseball game pig out thing!
Of course we had the cutest Daimondback fans ever. We tried really hard to get on the Jumbotron, but to no avail. Maybe next time!
9 comments:
That was fun! And yes I agree...too high up!
What exactly is a 'stat girl' Is that like a nerdy female mathmetician version of a 'bat boy'?
The game was one of my favorite parts of the trip. Steve was in his element. If the camera guy knew what cuties they had up in the nose bleed section they would have showed up on the huge screen more than once. Just look at them!
Cute pictures! I haven't been to a real baseball game in years and years...this needs to change!!
A pool in the outfield? What'll they think of next?
Was it higher and steeper than the second to last row of the Staples Center?
ps check out the guns on my husband!
It sounds FANTASTIC! Your girls were just as cute as could be. Always love to hear when children are becoming good eaters.... : ) since I am such a fan of eating myself! How many more stadiums does your dad have to get to?
Looks like fun! A pool? That's cool. You could float around on a floaty and watch the game. I mean you probably wouldn't watch the game, but you could!
Another great day in AZ!
For the record, My husband posted the comment about his guns....hehehe
Post a Comment