We started our 4th of July celebration at our local home town parade. Every year we go, and every year I think, "Why am I here? This is so hokey." But, I keep going back. I did find out, though, that anyone can be in the parade. All you have to do is fill out paperwork at City Hall. Oh, it's ON next year, people! Make sure you check back next year for the post about ME in the parade!
After the parade we BBQ'd hot dogs at home and then headed off to Aunt Toni's. It was such a nice day at the beach...28 degrees difference form our house to the beach. The girls love the beach and would have played there all day if I wasn't freezing! It was also lots of fun this year because everyone has kids now. The girls played all day with Sofia and Ryan's son Aiden. We even got to meet Tyler's new baby Ryder. Now all we're waiting for is Julie's baby Reed! (Ryan and Tyler are the boys we lived next door to growing up. Becky and I babysat them and tortured them since the day they were born and now THEY are having kids!)
We ended the evening back on the beach where everyone lets off their own fireworks. Sometimes there are so many going on you don't know which way to look! It feels like summer has officially started!
6 comments:
A true Lopez style 4th of July, of course.
When we went to the beach the other day it was also freezing. We stayed for one hour. One.
And if you're in the parade next year I might consider going to see it. Will it be an Almost Famous float, with you as the beauty queen in center? Who will be your first attendants? Oh, right. Bella and Olivia of course.
See you tomorrow, 7:30!
"It feels like summer has officially started!"
Girl, the 4th makes me feel like summer is almost over! :( I have to be back at work in one, short month. Only a fellow teacher can understand this. I realize there are plenty of bitches, I mean people, who will read that and think, "Damn, I wish I had a MONTH off!" Yeah, whatever!! I always challenge those people to come spend one day with me, just ONE, with my babies in the 'hood, and then let me know if they still feel like that!!
Hokey hometown parades rock! Love em. Welcome to summer!
You should totally do a float! What fun!
I hate july 4th parades, but if you did a float, a la the rose bowl, I would totally be there.
I love hokey city parades. Nearly every city around here has city days, a weekend or so to celebrate the city, with a city parade and fireworks. I could go to every single one, every year.
What a fantastically fun day! LOVE your beach picture as a family to bits! And I even love that you go to the hokey parade. Especially love that you say the word hokey. Only the coolest people in all the world say that : ) the girls look so adorable. I am just truly mesmerized by their happy smiles!
Post a Comment