It is so much fun to have one of my daughters in the grade that I teach. So fun, in fact, that we got to go on our field trip together. In second grade we learn the concept of from farm to table. How does food get to our dinner table? Well, we went to the farm to check things out.
We start our field trip in Farm School where we learn the difference between fruits and vegetables. Did you know that tomatoes and cucumbers are actually fruits? Then, the kids got to go on a tractor ride and pick vegetables right out of the ground. This year we picked tomatoes, cilantro, beets, spinach, and green peppers. Nothing like farm fresh veggies!
The bad news is it was 150 thousand degrees outside with no shade, followed by an unairconditioned bus ride home. Needless to say, I had sweat in placed I didn't dream possible and felt sick for the next two days! I'm such an old lady.
7 comments:
Ummm, is that sweat I see soaking through your jeans? If it is, it's turning me on.
Sounds like tons of fun! Except the heat. I think I'm allergic to heat. And sweat!
It all sounds great except for that heat! You're a trooper :)
That's a great field trip. I loved the taking vegies home part.
I read this hours ago on Google Reader, which I just figured out how to set up this morning, but I can't figure out how to comment on here from there.
Funny, because I am fluent in html, but not basic Google 101. I suck.
I don't think you are an old lady, well at least I don't think 28 is old.
Your exhaustion was probably just from being so delicate, like Elizabeth Taylor in Giant, when she first showed up in Texas as Rock Hudson's wife (the bitch!) and was greeted by a good ol' Texas barbecue in the middle of the afternoon on a hot summer's day.
AND like Liz Taylor in Giant, you weren't wearing a hat. Did you at least 'slip, slop, slap'?
Cucumbers are fruit?!! There is nothing I can rely on in life.
Everything was so sweet and dreamy and then I got to the sweat! You poor thing. How can it be so hot in California? Here it is all crisp and leaves are turning and the world feels just right : )
Post a Comment