Today was Bella's first soccer game. Both Andy and I were a bit nervous for the season to officially begin. Take last night's practice, for example. Bella spent the majority of the practice spinning pirouettes, looking up at the sky, and calling out, "I'm open!" ...even though she's defense. We were afraid what today would hold. You see, sports just aren't in my girls jeans. To say the very least!
We've designated Liv as the official team mascot. Yes, I made her shirt and her hair band! (Hula Hank! Sequins!!)
So, Bella plays defense. She's the goaly blocker...if you will. Any time the ball came near her today she gave it a good kick...in the right direction! Every time she made contact with the ball she would give herself a little clap...
And then do a cheer.
Go Tigers!!
The Tigers won 3-2! It was the most fun I've had in a long time. Soccer is a hoot! Who knew?
8 comments:
Great fun!
Aw...you just made me realize how much I miss that time in Stud's life...too cute!
Not me! I most certainly did not know. Now you're making me feel even guiltier.
What fun! I love the cheer pose!
Look like you may have two cheerleaders in the making.
I cannot see the sequins in the photo, but I cannot think of any better accompaniment to flourescent green, then sequins!!!!!!!
But you should have trimmed the bottom of the shirt with a few feathers!!
What I am really laughing about are the pirouettes in the field. Sounds like me when I used to play on a soccer team.
And flinching at the ball if it was coming straight for me. I mean, who wants to get hit in the face by a bunch of balls? ;)
Very cute Lopez girls.
Love Bella's soccer/cheer moves.
That is so cute. And you made that shirt! Jlo! Is there nothing you can not do? You are an absolute WONDER : ).
I was laughing so hard about her screaming that she was open and she is defense : ) Hilarious!
Kid soccer is great. When my son was three, I coached his team. The highlight was a game that ended 2-2 with neither team scoring into the right goal. I think the game was called due to ice cream truck.
Always great to find another educator's blog. Take care!
Chris
cdmauger.blogspot.com
Post a Comment