Monday, February 1, 2010

Funniest Story in the Lunch Room Today

We were chit chatting in the lunchroom today and my friend Audrey told us the funniest story. She told us that her mom, probably in her 70's (I'm guessing), just got a Facebook account. She said her mom was having so much fun catching up with old friends and chatting away. Well, Audrey went on Facebook and saw a lot of comments from her mom. One of them looked like this:
"Hi, Betty! Sorry to hear about the death of your cat. LOL."
Then next one said this:
"Hi Joan! Heard you had a heart attack. Hope you are on the mend. LOL."

What Audrey had to explain to her mom was that "LOL" meant "Laugh Out Loud". Audrey's dear old mom thought it meant, "Lots of Love."
I laughed so hard.

7 comments:

Jason, as himself said...

That is SO GREAT! Hysterical. Lots of love.

Kelly said...

Funny!! My mom hasn't wandered into Facebook territory yet, although some of her friends have!

Lacking Productivity said...

I want to start writing LOL in places that would be totally inappropriate...I can only imagine the potential damage that could be done in three short letters.

ChiTown Girl said...

Bwah hahahaha! That's freakin' hysterical!

Anonymous said...

That is a classic! Need to get together with you and Becky. I had fun laughing with you too while we made cupcake pops.

dkuroiwa said...

Too funny!!
I had to send my mom a dictionary site for all the abbreviations....she just wasn't understanding it all!!

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh. That is TOO funny for words! Seriously! So funny! I can not stop laughing.

I only hope her friends thought that meant LOL too!

You should send that to readers digest!