Many of you who read my blog also read my pals blog, The Jason Show.
Well, he is about to embark on an amazing journey for many amazing reasons. Click over to his blog to see his story or read below. Maybe you can help him.
Hi there!
This year, I'll be participating in a very special event called the Susan G. Komen 3-Day for the Cure.
I'll walk 60 miles over the course of three days with thousands of other women and men. Net proceeds from the Komen 3-Day for the Cure are invested in breast cancer research and community programs.
I've agreed to raise at least $2,300 in donations. I've set my personal goal at $2,900.00. So I need your help. Would you please consider making a donation? Keep in mind how far I'm walking - and how hard I'll have to train. You can give online at The3Day.org. Just follow the link below to visit my personal fundraising Web page and make a donation. You can also call 800-996-3DAY to donate over the phone.
Some of you knew my mom. She was taken by breast cancer at age 51, leaving behind 6 children. The three youngest were only 12, 16, and 17 at the time of her death. There are countless other children who have lost their mothers to this horrifying, seemingly unstoppable disease. But I know that with our continued efforts we will be able to put a stop to it and keep future kids from losing their moms.
One person is diagnosed with breast cancer every three minutes in the United States. That's why I'm walking so far. To do something bold about breast cancer. I hope that you'll share this incredible adventure with me - by supporting me in my fundraising efforts.
Thank you in advance for your generosity!
Sincerely,
Jason
Click here to donate.
2 comments:
Ohhhh, honey. Thank you so much for plugging the cause! I really, really appreciate it.
Just as I really, really, appreciate the extremely generous contribution that you made this morning. In fact, you were the very FIRST person to donate!
YOU ROCK! And I love you!
: ) I'm on it!!
Post a Comment