When my family moved back from Texas to California, I was starting the 2nd semester of 8th grade. My old elementary school pals were too cool for me now, so I was hoping to make some new friends. It just so turns out, that the friends I made that semester became my best friends for years later. We called ourselves the "Alabastro Budddies" because three of us lived on the same street and the other one lived on the corner below. Another funny thing is two of the girls' names are Jen, two are named Steph. Before we could drive, before we had cars, we would spend our summers dancing, having sleepovers, giggling, and laying by the pool. I could go on and on about these girls. Now, one Jen and one Steph still live in California. We have daughters 3 months apart. We have started new traditions for our kids and we see each other several times of year. The other Jen moved to Idaho. The other Steph moved to Connecticut. We still keep in touch through emails and blogs now and again.
This weekend, Steph came home! So, the Alabastro Buddies were reunited once again, minus Jen. We got to meet Steph's baby girl, Ella. Our own kids got to play together at the house on Alabastro that we had all of our sleepovers at. It was fun to reminisce and giggle about the past. The time was too short, but I am glad we got to see each other again and have our kids meet. Now we all need to move together and live on the same street so our kids can repeat history! What do you think, girls? ;)
5 comments:
That's cool!
This is way cool. Think about it. You have been close friends for over thirty years. I remember those days as if they were just yesterday. We sure did have fun and what memories. Those were the days.
Wish I could have been there.
I really cannot believe we are as old as we are.
I am glad you all had a great reunion!
Friends like that are the very best : ). My bestest friend from 7th grade is still my best friend today. She did just move away with her new boyfriend though. I miss her so much. It was heavenly to have her 2 minutes away. I am still going thru withdrawl. I find that I don't make as many friends any more now that I am older... Do you still make new friends?
I had SUCH a great time with you, Busky and all our kids! I loved that our kids were playing together, even if for a brief time! Thanks for coming over & making my day. :) Hi to the girls from me & Ella.
Post a Comment