Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother-In-Law Day

We headed out to Brea to celebrate Mother's Day with Andy's family. His mom hosted a brunch for all the mom's in his family. The girls love their Abuelos's backyard. Papi has it all decked out like the Jungle Cruise at Disneyland. There are African shields in case you run into danger...

Beautiful animals to see in the lush tropics...

A waterfall, built by Papi, to set the mood...
Andy's dad is funny. He's a putter-er. He has to putter. Every time we visit he's added something new to the house...a new fish swimming in the pool, a new animal on the hill, a new color for the walls. He's always working on something. Wish my husband would take some interest in our yard. Well, maybe not as much interest as his dad...

Andy took a detour on the way home to spoil me one last time for Mother's Day Weekend. We accidentally ended up at Crumbs bakery for some cupcakes. And thus ended the eating binge weekend. Fantastic!

3 comments:

Lacking Productivity said...

I totally want to see more pics of that backyard...so freaking cool!

And those cupcakes have me drooling...yumbo!

Happy Mother's Day to you, gal!

Unknown said...

I love that backyard! That is too great : ) I can just imagine the splashes of color everywhere :) I would laugh my head off if you did a post about Andy going crazy and doing that to your backyard :) Ha Ha Ha Ha HA!

And the cupcakes... that should be illegal. I can't look at things like that at midnight. Now I am freaking DYING for a cupcake.

I am glad you had such a fun mothers day weekend! Next year I think you should celebrate for a week! Mothers Day week.

Jason, as himself said...

Perfect, just perfect. :)