It has been a rough week. Olivia has been having some separation anxiety at school. I think after a month of school, she is realizing the hard fact that we go to school everyday. It is a long day for a 6 year old, plus she just recovered form strep throat. It has been a rough start to 2nd grade. Most of the time, I adore teaching where my kids go to school. This week, not so much! The shining light of our week though, was the 2nd grade field trip. Since we are on the same grade together this year, I was able to attend the field trip with my class and Olivia's class.

Our standard in 2nd grade is how food gets from the farm to the table. So, we headed off to the Underwood Family Farms where we got to go on a tractor ride...

See animals, run around in the country, and...

Pick vegetables right out of the ground. We brought home red, yellow, and purple bell peppers, chiles, cucumbers, and tomatoes!

We had a fun day together, spending quality time, just the two of us (and 80 other kids!).
P.S. How cute is Olivia's teacher? Bella is 1 inch shorter than her! ;)
2 comments:
I miss the vegetable picking!
You have to be kidding. That teacher looks like a 2nd grader. Very cute!
I am sorry about the separation anxiety. I know that is no fun for anyone.
Are you able to take the girls with you in the morning or do you have to be there way before them? I hope this week is much, much better : )
Post a Comment