About three years ago, my best friend Julie started talking about the idea of having a baby. Never finding her "prince charming", as my girls say, Julie decided to take matters into her own hands and have a baby via sperm donor. I was very excited for her to have a child. But, I warned her. I warned her she would be exhausted. I warned her it would change her life forever. I warned her that being pregnant was no walk in the park. But, she did it anyway! ;0)
One year ago, we welcomed her baby boy into this world. It has been a hard year, for sure. But, it has been a wonderful year full of love, the true meaning of friendship, and more joy than our little family band of misfits could imagine. We love our little "cousin" Reed-O.
We started the celebration this week at Chi-Chi's on Reed's real birthday, 9-9-10.
Once he got a hang of this cake thing, he let Aunt Bonnie in on the action!
Proud Grandma Joann!
Reed getting a birthday kiss form his girlfriend Beauty!
Aunt Jen Jen and Uncle Andy love Reed!
What a great day!
3 comments:
What a huge amount of joy this little guy has brought into the world. I love this whole story.
Oh my goodness. He is a treasure. Happy birthday sweet baby boy. I love the love he is surrounded by.
Reed and my cat Sammy share the same birthday! As Sammy just turned one on the 9th.
Happy Birthday to Reed! It does look like he is a joy!!
Post a Comment