Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Aunt Patti and Uncle Fred


My Grandma Lolo was a special lady. She taught me how to dye Easter eggs, draw a turkey by tracing my own hand, love grilled cheese, pringles, and chocolate milk, and I'm pretty sure she's the reason I love coffee. Grandma Lolo was my dad's mom and she died playing cards with her lady friends in her retirement home's clubhouse. Her daughter, my Aunt Patti, is the Grandma Lolo my girls never had. Grandma Lolo only met Andy once and never met my girls, but my Aunt Patti loves my girls like Grandma Lolo would have. She spoils them, writes letters to them, and visits from Maryland whenever she can. Never before has she been able to celebrate my girls' birthdays, but this week she and Fred were in town and we partied for the girls' birthdays! Can't wait til our next visit!

1 comment:

sburns said...

Jennifer, this is a very special blog. When I read it I felt so proud that you are my daughter. Lolo was a very special lady and you're right....so is Patti. I hope she loves this as much as
Steve and I did. Mom