Here's a picture of me riding a horse.
And now we can begin...As I have mentioned, Bella loves all things cowgirls right now. So, when I read about a 2 hour horseback riding tour and a picnic lunch, I signed us up! I kept the whole thing a surprise until the night before the big ride.
Olivia's own dreams were fulfilled because she's always wanted a tire swing in the backyard, and we've never gotten one. Our trees on our God-forsaken hill haven't grown big enough to support a tire swing, but on the farm...a real life tire swing!
We enjoyed beautiful views of the Leona Valley...
The Cowgirl loved the ride and even got to ride alone on the way down the hill.
If you look closely, you'll see a shy smile that indicates someone is actually enjoying this ride even if she won't smile.
Look at Andy! Doesn't he look all official? He's got some horseback ridin' skillz, I tell ya!
On the car ride home, Bella told us this was the best day of her life. I think I see lessons in our future. It makes me feel so incredible inside when we can do something...big or small... that means the world to our girls. What a great 8th birthday Bella had!
My final thoughts on horseback riding:
* It was kind of enjoyable, don't know that i even need to do it again.
* Can't believe I spent 3 solid hours in the great outdoors.
* I now understand why cowboys wear chaps.
* I'm sore from my armpits to my ankles.
8 comments:
Awwwwwwwwww. This was so wonderful! Everyone looks very happy. Even the shy smiler! Laughed my head off about you being in the outdoors for 3 solid hours. I LOVE that it was the BEST day of her life. Precious.
Precious photos...looks like an amazing day!
You look like a real live cowboy!
You should have leaned forward more. I hear that is the key to avoid soreness.
Oh, and yeah, I'm glad it was a fun day for the girls!
Better you than me. That's all I have to say. But I am willing to drive along side of them taking pictures.
But the girls were happy so that's all that matters.
Get better soon!
m.
Oh, what a fun day!! How exciting for Bella, I mean Jessie! ;-) And, I'm glad Livie got to FINALLY swing in a tire swing!
I wish my baby had turned 8 on Saturday...and yours will be turning 17 before you know it. :(
I'm not sure what happened in the "nature" dept. with both my girls???? Steve used to try and get them to come out and help him pull weeds but that never happened! We even took camping trips to the Kern river. They hated it. We loved the pictures.
I think that looks like fun! I'm am sick with a cold so things are bit fuzzy, but it took me three reads of the last line to get it to stop saying "I'm sore from my armpits to my chaps."
Post a Comment