Saturday, January 22, 2011

Thoughts About Everything

Well, it has been 2 weeks since I have tried to change my eating habits. I'm trying to eat cleaner. Eating whole grains, less sugar, more fruits and veggies. It's actually been pretty easy. The biggest things I am changing are:
*I'm soda free since Julie's fake New Year's party
*I'm drinking a ton of water
*I'm only having one cup of coffee all day
*I'm drinking decaf green tea at night.
Some of you have asked why I am doing this. Well, let's be honest, I could stand to lose a few. But, beyond that I have migraine headaches. I have trouble sleeping. I feel tired all of the time. Depending on what you read and who you believe, sugar and processed foods have a lot to do with that. I will not preach about healthy habits because anyone who knows me knows for the most part I eat whatever I want, I do not exercise, and I've stayed (give or take) the same size forever. But, I just didn't feel good. So, we'll see how long this lasts. ;)

School is back in full swing which means homework, Variety Show practices, piano lessons, and Bella's big Peter Pan debut is two weeks away! The girls missed school so the transition has been easy. Olivia is even doing a solo hip hop dance number in the Variety Show. Can you believe it?

I love my dog. I really, really, love my dog. She's the cutest thing ever. I fear, however, that my dog is obsessed with me. I mean it is almost ridiculous. She can't bear to not be by my side. Why doesn't Andy feel the same way? LOL.

My pal Danielle is in Nashville at the CAbi Scoop Convention. CAbi is a home based line of clothes that me and my entire school have become obsessed with since Danielle started wearing it and eventually selling it. They have unleashed their Spring '11 line and I am dying to see it. She says there is a lot of white (think pit sweat and cellulite) but, I'm still excited anyway. CAbi clothes are more expensive than say, GAP or Anne Taylor Loft, but if you host a party you get items at 50% off and then it is reasonable. My party is February 11th...you are all invited!

The girls are outside right now helping Daddy in the garage. I'm about 2 seconds away from callng Hoarders and sending them over for a garage intervention with Andy. I asked him to please stop bringing work things home and to start getting rid of the stuff he has (and NEVER uses). So, he's got the girls out there in their pj's having a pulling cable race.

It has been in the 70's all week. It snowed 2 weeks ago. Is that weird to anyone else? Just asking.

Well, blogging pals, these are the things I think about and want to blog about, but never seem to fit it in any more. I'm trying. Don't give up on me. I count on my 4 comments very heavily. They mean the world to me;)

7 comments:

ChiTown Girl said...

You're so cute!!

And, just for the record, we've been known to experience 50 degree temperature swings in ONE DAY!!

Unknown said...

This was so interesting. I think I should stop eating processed foods too. I need help. An intervention.

I will look at the clothes right now, although, must be honest and admit, I will probably never wear something white again in all my life.

Did I tell you that last year my Mom got me white capri pants and a white tank top as a Brithday present. First of all they were size medium....and I haven't been a medium since pre school : ) and second of all, they were white. WHITE! Fat girls plus white? It just does not equal up to a pretty picture.

I laughed so hard about your four comments. All I remember is that I used to comment and comment and comment over here and you never talked to me. Finally I said, I am not going to talk to her any more because she obviously hates me, and that is the week you came to start visiting me : )

I will google those clothes. Can I come to your party online? I am all over BLACK sweaters : ) Love, fat becky

Busy Bee Suz said...

Good for you eating better, that is what WE all need to do. {as I just ate 3 thin mints!!!}
I wish people loved me as much as my weird Ozzie dog does, but then again, that might be annoying too.
Going to check out the clothing....sounds interesting!
Good luck with the garage hoarding intervention!

Kelly said...

Yay! Soda free! I'm still Diet Coke free and it's feeling NORMAL!!

Ditching processed foods sounds like a good idea. I've been trying to do the same. The more I read, the more I think that we have processed ourselves a big problem.

Jason, as himself said...

More posts like this, please!

Lacking Productivity said...

Good luck with everything. I feel like I have been the same size since like 5th grade, and more or less, it's true. I dread thinking that I will be the same size for the rest of my life...so I'm working on the change. I wish you the best in your journey as well!

Hula Hank said...

Hey look! 7 Comments!