Sunday, March 6, 2011

Placerita Nature Center

Bella's 3rd grade class at the Placerita Nature Center.

I took the day off to be a mommy and went with Bella's 3rd grade class to the Placerita Nature Center. It was very cold and very naturey. There were lots of creepy crawly things to look at. There were lots of animals and such that I am not a fan of. But I'm a good mom so, I just closed my eyes when gross things went past me.

We got to see lots of native animals. I did love the horned owl.

The snake...not so much. And I am sparing you the tarantula picture. Don't want my mom to have a heart attack while reading my blog. That would be bad.

The possum was sort of cute. Sort of.

The big deal of the field trip was making the hike to the Oak of the Golden Dream. This is the first place gold was discovered in our parts. Here it is:

This was the motley crew I was in charge of. I had most of these kids last year in 2nd grade.

I survived the outdoors!

6 comments:

Pumpkin Delight (Kimberly) said...

The owl was my favorite part the last time i was there too. Fun place and only a few minutes on a bus full of kids...great field trip.

Unknown said...

You are such a great Mommy! I want to go on a field trip with Kaish this year! I love the possum. Who would ever think they would be cute? One time on my way home from work when I was a waitress I ran over one. It was after midnight and I called my dad in tears crying. He told me that we did not cry over possums. : )

Busy Bee Suz said...

I am so glad I did not know about this trip prior...I would have been worried for your well being. ;)
Looks like FUN.

Lacking Productivity said...

What a cute place!

sburns said...

Great pictures. I have lived here since 1975 and never went to the nature center. Didn't care for the animals as much as the beautiful tree. That's more my style. It appears that the kids have a great time. I'm glad you were able to go.

Jason, as himself said...

Some people go nude hiking above this place.