Monday, January 16, 2012
Art
We are lucky enough, that despite the budget cuts, we still have an art teacher. Our kids go to art 12 times a year to learn the art standards, on top of all the art we try to do in our classrooms. Not only is the art teacher an artist herself, but she encourages the kids to enter contests and do art on their own. Our city was hosting an "Art on Canvas" contest. The theme was "Colors of Friendship." Over 800 kids from grades K-12 submitted pieces for this contest. For grades K-4, Bella made the top 20. She was so proud of her art work. The title was "Friends can be young, old, fancy, and cool". I love how she used different textures on each of the friends! ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
As usual, we are so proud of our Bella. We went to the "announcing of the winners." Bella didn't win first place but she handled it just like you would think Bella would. She clapped for the winner and said, "that's OK." We love you Bella.
I really like that artwork!! I beliebe that texture in art is just as important as the subject, light, shade, depth, etc.
Great job!
I love what she did here.....so wonderful to see art through the eyes of other. Especially if those 'other's are young and open minded!!!
Yay, Bella!
I hope I'm definitely young, fancy, and cool.
Post a Comment