Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Papa's Surprise 65th Birthday!

When my cousin Aaron decided to come down for a visit and introduce us to his new baby girl, it just so happened to coincide with Papa's 65th birthday. So, we decided to get the whole family together "to see Elise" and then also throw a surprise party for my dad! (Even though Elise is waaayyy cuter than Papa! ;)So, this motley crew was poised and ready to throw baseballs and sing "Take Me Out To The Ballgame" as soon as Papa arrived.
My dad has loved baseball his whole life so, we decided to throw him a baseball birthday party! We wore our favorite baseball team shirts. For the food, we made a concession stand complete with hot dogs, cracker jacks, peanuts, baby ruth candy bars, Coke in bottles, and Big League Chew.
His cake looked like a vintage baseball.
My mom, dad, and sister!
The best part of all...the cousins got a whole day to play together. Soon enough, Elise will be in the mix too!
Sisters! Cathie, Judy, and Bonnie!
The kids had so much fun in the bounce house.
Even the birthday boy got in on the act!
It was a really fun day and I'm glad the surprise was successful!

6 comments:

Pumpkin Delight (Kimberly) said...

Looks like it was a success!

Mark said...

Well, I don't see a photo of Elise but your Dad looks pretty cute to me! I know, I'm shameless. And I'm not even joking, I couldn't believe that that was your Mom. Was she 10 when she had you? You got some good genes in that Family.
Happy Birthday to your Dad!
m.

Unknown said...

I love Mark. Thanks Mark, you made my day. It sure was a fun party. Steve was surprised. Thanks again to my family for working so hard to make it a very special day. Now it is my turn. The big 65 in July. Yikes!

Lacking Productivity said...

You need to re-name your blog "Stuff I Do that is Way More Fun than the Stuff You Do"

ChiTown Girl said...

Happy Birthday, Papa!

Busy Bee Suz said...

Your family knows how to throw a party!!!! Next time you have a bounce house, please call me. :)
Happy birthday to the sweet papa!