Tuesday, July 10, 2012
Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat!
The girl's latest show was Joseph. I had never seen this show before, but when people aksed me what show the girls were doing this time and I told them, 9 times out of 10 people responded with "That is my favorite show!" I can see why. Joseph is a rock opera, with no speaking parts. This show is filled with songs and many chances to be on stage! The girls, once again, auditioned for lead roles. This time they each got one! For this show, the lead roles for little kids were all groups. Olivia got a dancing part and was a "star". Olivia had 8 costume changes in this show and was so busy that she was down in the black box for the whole show, as opposed to waiting in the green room. She thought that was pretty cool. While Olivia's role was a dancing lead, Bella got a singing lead. She opened the 2nd act with her group and sang "Pharoah Story". Although she was disappointed that this lead didn't have a costume change, she was thrilled to be on stage with the narrators! I could hear her singing above the rest, loud and proud!
The Star
Good corn and bad corn
Benjamin's Calypso
Bella on stage ready for the curtain to go up
I have to admit that some Monday nights I am crabby sitting in my car waiting for the girl's practice to be over. Going on Wednesdays also was a big commitment. Seeing the girls on stage doing what they love makes me so proud, makes my heart swell, and my eyes fill with tears. This is such a great experience for them and I have to remember that even when it is 108 or 40 degrees in my car! Next show...Music Man!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment