Saturday, April 27, 2013

Gold Rush Day

With the end of the school year rapidly approaching (yeah!) we have been busier than ever! Livvie's 4th grade Gold Rush was last week. It is such a fun day for the kids...and the parents(grandparents too)! The students got to square dance, which was the favorite of everyone! They made a brand, learned to sew, cooked, tried sourdough bread, washed laundry, wrote with a quill pen, and panned for gold. And that was all before lunch! All of the parents cooked for the kids. They ate BBQ beef sandwiches, baked beans, watermelon, and lemonade. The highlight of the day, I'm sure, was that Daddy went in to work late so he could participate in all of the fun! Tomorrow...Colonial Day! Stay tuned!

2 comments:

Pumpkin Delight (Kimberly) said...

I love it so much that the whole family was there! Looks like fine. How'd you handle the bbq beef, ya know, cuz you don't eat meat? :0

stephenc.burns said...

It was a great day with all the family together. The kids had a blast. So did Grandma and Papa. I will miss this next year.