Friday, July 12, 2013
ROAD TRIP!
For family vacation this year, we decided to take the girls on a road trip up the coast of California. They have never been to a big city before, and we thought San Francisco would be the perfect place to start...or end the road trip. So, beware...family vacation photos are on the way! Our first leg of the trip started with lunch at Pea Soup Andersons. I remember coming here with my mom, dad, and sister Becky. I don't think I ever really even liked the soup, but we loved the crackers and cheese spread and all of the candy in the store! The place hasn't changed in 30 years and looks and tastes exactly as I remembered it! After lunch, we took the girls to Solvang. I thought they would get a kick out of the windmills, sweet buildings, and yummy pastries. I was right about one of those things! Our final stop on Day 1 was The Madonna Inn. We were all pretty excited to stay here and see what room we got. We ended up in the Espana Room. It was classic! We enjoyed the pool, had the famous champagne cake, and ate a delicious BBQ dinner. It was a great first day! Next stop...Monterey!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
What a fun idea. I look forward to the pics.
So you're saying you've never taken your girls to Los Angeles before? Or is Los Angeles not a big city? :)
I love a good road trip! I'm glad you didn't force them to eat pea soup; that is punishment!
The madonna inn? As in Madge??? LOL
I love it! Anderson' Pea Soup...totally love that place even though I don't like pea soup.
I don't know what the Madonna Inn is. Is this because I am not a cool California girl? Maybe.
I will google it as soon as I am done commenting on all of these great posts. I LOVED seeing your vacation. The girls are so beautiful. I can't believe how grown up they are. What in the world.
I am so thankful you were able to go on such a fun vacation this year. What a blessing.
Loved Jason's comment! I am just commenting on the last picture even though I loved them all. I want to do this trip. That is how much fun you made it sound like. You all looked great. I glad that you were able to take and enjoy this trip. Thanks for the nice long blog!!
Post a Comment