Monday, August 11, 2008

Miss Teenage America (A Rerun)



Do you remember watching the Miss America pageant like it was a national past time? As I write this, I fear it is one of those things you say out loud and then wish you hadn't. Well, tonight I was catching up on my TiVo...have I mentioned I like to watch TV...and I happened to catch a minute of the Miss Teenage America pageant. Ladies and gentlemen, I could not make up what I am about to write. My lucky stars must have been shining down on me tonight because I happened to catch the interview portion of the contest. I seriously almost peed myself as I heard these young ladies answer a few simple questions. It went a little something like this:




Question: What has been your biggest challenge in life?


Answer: (I am not making this up) Miss North Carolina says, "Well, one time I went snow boarding in Canada and it was a big challenge because the mountains were much different than the mountains in North Carolina. It's pretty hard work so..." I swear. That was her answer.




The best is yet to come though.




Question: 1/5 of Americans cannot locate the United Sates of America on a map. Why do you think that is?


Answer: (This is a direct quote. I kept rewinding and pausing so I could bring you the complete and utter greatness of this quote.) Miss South Carolina says, "I personally believe US Americans are unable to do so is that (not a typo) some people out there in our nations don't have maps (What's this? My ears perked up and I started giggling) and I believe that our education such as South Africa and the Iraq everywhere such as I believe our education (I think she already said that, sort of) over here in the US should help out the US or should help South Africa or should help out Iraq and the Asian countries."




You can't make this stuff up. And to think I didn't have a post for today. God Bless TV!!!

11 comments:

Jason, as himself said...

What?! I can't believe they even aired such blither blather! That makes me embarrassed!

FishMama said...

What is the world coming to?;)

Before someone else beats me to the punch, remember how stupid MY answer was? I still blush to think about it. I SO wanted to impress, that I didn't think being honest would be good enough. Sigh...I'm not disappointed that I lost, just totally ashamed that I wasn't truthful.

jlo said...

Jessica, I do not remember your comment. What I do remember is you coming pretty darn close to winning! Thanks for checking in with me!

mitzi said...

I am laughing so hard that I can't breathe. I must go find Rob and read this to him.

mitzi said...

Okay, I found ROb and read it to him. He did not laugh. I think he was seriously sad. Well, you know, he's a history teacher. But I still think it's freaking hilarious!

Lacking Productivity said...

I totally saw that Miss SC on YouTube, it is like one of the most looked at clips. I was mortified for the girl. I don't think she will ever speak again (and I really don't think the rest of us will be missing out too much because of it).

heartshapedhedges said...

Um, I remember seeing that, such as, and the americas, like, such as, in the Iraq, such as,

the funniest thing is that she was pretty composed and calm for rambling like a bimbette.

Pumpkin Delight (Kimberly) said...

Is it a blog rule that you have to repost past postings once you are a year old? Reruns? Come on!

Jason, as himself said...

I approve of an occasional rerun. But only the best of. And this is definitely one of the best.

Ha, ha, I'm funny. In my first comment to this post I said "blither blather."

Unknown said...

Thank you for the repost because I missed it the first time. I saw this clip in the news. It was played over and over. I love geography and I couldn't believe what I was hearing. She not only didn't know geography, she had a bad train of thought.

Isn't geography an elective now? the shame!

Unknown said...

I hope she didn't win. Did she?