Friday, August 10, 2007

TV is my friend.

I am addicted to TV. There. I've said it. I love reality shows, comedy, drama, and MTV. You name it, I watch it. It has almost always been this way. What really set me over the TV edge was the addition of TiVo into my life. God bless my husband. Four years ago he (technology wizard) gave me Tivo for Christmas. At first I was offended. This was certainly not a gift for me. He really wanted it and passed it off as a gift for me. Oh how sadly I was mistaken, my friends! TiVo changed my life. I get no money from this company by singing its praises, yet I feel the need to share all things TiVo with you. TiVo actually lets you watch TV faster so you don't spend as much time watching the boob tube. Or with all that extra time you can add more shows to your repetiore. But, I digress.

So, I am watching Big Brother this summer. I am also mildly obsessed with my new favorite show So You Think You Can Dance. I actually feel a sense of regret that I have missed the other seasons. Is that wrong? Here's my question for you...
1. Do you love TV like I do?
2. What are your favorite summer shows?
3. What show are you most looking forward to starting again in the fall?

Now if no one replies, I will know I have a serious problem. I will seek help. I promise.

3 comments:

Jason, as himself said...

I wish TV were my friend. I just haven't figured out how to make it that way with all that goes on around me! I feel like an outsider, a kid who doesn't fit in, the dweeby outcast who has nothing to say when all my TV friends start talking!

Marci said...

I miss talking reality shows with you! LOVE Big Brother. E.D. and Danielle are my favs! Do you get Showtime to watch B.B. After Dark. It is GOOD!!
Thanks for inviting me to your blog!

Kelly K said...

Ok, sister. I'm pretty sure you turned me on to Kathy Griffen's Life on the D List. It is my new favorite show (although, I don't think it's so "new"). I love her and I too would like to make it to the D list someday.

I am in love with my TiVo, as well. I like cuddling and whispering sweet nothings to it. I remember you told me a couple of years ago that you loved your remote control so much that the numbers/letters had rubbed off. I remember thinking that something was very wrong with you. But now, I also have a remote that I can hardly see the numbers anymore. Doesn't matter. I still love it.