Officially the reason we go to Vegas on this weekend in September is so that we can see the KINGS pre-season game. (I sound so sporty, don't I?) Michelle is a huge Kings fan and Vish and Shelley are from Canada so, they like them some hockey too. Last year was my first ever hockey game experience. Can I just say this...hockey fans are crazy!!! I've been to a sporting event or two in my life (usually dragged kicking and screaming) and I have never seen so many fanatics. These people wear jerseys, paint their faces, and cheer louder than any other sporty thing I've ever been to. Please notice Julie and I are wearing jerseys. Once you stop laughing, I'll tell you about the game.I truly think I am the Kings good luck charm. I've been to 2 games, both times they've one. Coincidence? I think not. So, the score is tied 2-2 at the end of the game and we go into 5 minute over time. Whoever scores first will win. Well, no one scored so we went into a shoot out. No, ghetto people, not with guns, with hockey pucks. So, we shoot one, make it. They shoot one, miss it. We shoot one, miss it, They shoot one, miss it. We shoot one, make it. And the crowd goes WILD!!!!! Kings win!! Damn, I sound like I know what I'm talking about. Just call me Sporty Spice.
4 comments:
I don't really keep up with hockey, but I think the games are fun...especially when people yell out things about the puck and I giggle because sometimes it doesn't sound like puck.
And yes...I know what AP is dear...we even attempted to become members of this exclusive club when we went...our conartist plan didn't go full throttle though.
So, let me just start by pointing out that I NEVER comment on blogs. I'm a lurker. Truly. But you have sufficiently provoked me into a response:
There was NO face painting! I repeat: Kings fans DO NOT paint their faces.
I just had to clear that up.
Game was fun, but I think drunk Andy Lopez was the highlight of the weekend. You forgot to mention the part where he pulled his pants down in the parking structure. That was awesome.
Wow! What's next, world peace? I am truly honored. Yes, how could I forget my husband dropping trow? (sp?) Good times.
I've even been to a couple hockey games, myself, believe it or not! I only went for the free beer, but I ended up on TV, riding Kenny's shoulders, no less!
Post a Comment