Monday, September 3, 2007

Hats Off to Labor Day!

My mom said she needed to get her sun hat before we headed to the beach. When I turned around to see her...this is what she looked like. She didn't realize this is how she put her hat on. Honestly. Little did I know this would not be the only "hat classic" of the day.

When we heard the news say that today was going to be the hottest day yet, we decided to head to Aunt Toni's for the beach. I couldn't take the 113 degrees for one more second. Have I mentioned I hate being hot?

So, we packed up the kids and the grandparents and headed to Toni's. It was 71 degrees when we arrived. We had lunch outside by the water, played at the park, took a leisurely stroll and never ONCE broke a sweat. We were in heaven!!

There we sat on the beach... Cool as cucumbers. Papa and Daddy decided to take the girls down by the water to chase the waves. Bella had her sun hat on, but it was pretty windy so we told her to be careful. When they came back up, My mom, Toni, and I started talking about the hat.
"Bella, what happened to your hat?" I asked.
"I told you it was going to blow away," said Aunt Toni.
"It was pink, with polka dots," explained my mom.
Nothing. Crickets....
Then Bella says, "Papa put it in his pocket."
My dad says, "Here you go Bella. It is in my pocket just like we planned."
My mom, Aunt Toni and I just stared at my Dad.
"What?" he asks.
We all start talking at once, telling him how we have been talking about the "lost hat" for the past 5 minutes. How could he not hear us?
"You guys are kind of like The View. I just tune you out."
Men!!

When we got back home it was 37 degrees hotter than the beach. Is that wrong or what?

8 comments:

Julistu said...

I giggled for 5 minutes over that picture...Nice!

sburns said...

Jennifer, I notice there is no picture of you. How come? Is it because you are in a bathing suit?? I did the hat thing just to make you laugh. Well.....I could have. A fun day was had by all!!

Jason, as himself said...

No, Jen LOVES to have her photo taken in a bathing suit...and halfway out of it! Ooops, did I get Jen in trouble with her mom AGAIN?

leavira said...

Buckets, I always beleived you had a style all your own but who knew? I only hope this look doesn't catch on.

jlo said...

My mom is wickety-wack!!

sburns said...

Hey Jen. Just remember, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree!

Lacking Productivity said...

A couple years ago, people were totally wearing their visors upside-down and backwards...so she really isn't that far off...just a few years and a flip around.

leavira said...

Yep I remember that style and I was none to crazy about it then either.
:-))