I have a good friend named Jason. We have known each other for 11 years! He used to teach with me at my school, but now he teaches at another. We are co-hosts of our very own teacher training show. (It's not really a show, but we both wish we were famous so, we pretend.) We have lots of fun doing this. We giggle a lot and work a little.
Jason and I love singing and dancing. We love to make up our own lyrics to songs. We love to choreograph dance numbers for fellow teachers. One Christmas we called each other and left Christmas carols on our classroom answering machines every morning.
There has only been one glitch in our friendship. I didn't invite Jason to my wedding. I did, however, invite Betty, Lola, and Rosie. This really hurt his feelings. I have no excuse for my actions. I have since apologized profusely and I think he has FINALLY forgiven me. He does like to bring it up on occasion just to make me squirm. I am sorry. Really, I am.
Jason cracks me up. He has a great sense of humor and loves to laugh. You can imagine the fun we have together! He has even been known to pretend he has an eel in his shirt while I am presenting in front of a room full of teachers. (The inside joke is he once saw a show with a woman who had a eel stuck in her shirt and it haunted him forever.)
Jason is always surrounded by a bevy of beauties. This, of course, always makes me jealous. He is always quick to reassure me that he is, in fact, my poodle... that I am, in fact, the dill pickle in his sandwich. Even though we don't see each other everyday, when we do get together it is like we were never apart. Am I a lucky girl or what?
p.s. It is his fault (Noodles, too!) that I am a blogger now.
3 comments:
I'm just totally jealous that you get to see Jason whenever you want!
Ahhhh, at last, the recognition I deserve. Even though I did have to come AFTER Casey. I'm ALWAYS second best to Casey. Casey, Casey, Casey.
I'll bet you call Casey your poodle, too, right?
All of that aside, I'm so happy we're friends!
You forgot to mention how your mother is my personal stalker.
You've been a busy, busy blogger today! What did you do, take your laptop to the beach?
I am so confused.
Post a Comment