So, this week I am working 5 days, as opposed to my usual 2. I am 1 of 6 teachers in our district that coaches teachers on a program called GLAD. This week, we are in a 4th grade classroom teaching a unit on rocks and minerals. Seems innocent enough, right? Well, the people I work with are funny. They really make me giggle. They make it seem not so much like work. Well, when we get started laughing about something, forget it. So, yesterday Paul did a comparative input about the differences between Talc and Quartz. When you describe these two seemingly innocent rocks...well, you can interpret a lot of underlying innuendos. Within a 10 minute period Paul had said:
hardness scale
perfect cleavage
rosey glow
streak
crust
hot rocks
Well, forget it. We were all in fits of laughter...while poor Paul was trying to be professional in a room full of 4th graders and 15 observing teachers. Totally immature, I know...but funny none the less!!
3 comments:
Okay, Jen. I had to unblock my net nanny to read your blog. :-)
I would have been way too immature for that lesson too!
I hate that uncontrollable middle school feeling that makes everthing sound a little dirty.
Not really-it keeps me hanging on-did I sound convincing?
Consider this my delurking post. ( :
Post a Comment