Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Girlfriends

I've posted about my best friends Julie, Casey, Jason, Becky and Noodle. I haven't ever really talked about my best girlfriends from work. Meet Kim, Cari, and Danielle. I have known these girls for the better part of 12 years.
Danielle (front in black shirt) and I started our teaching careers together. We shared a classroom together for one week when I got called to the Principals office with a inter-district transfer to another school. We had become fast friends and cried so hard when we found out I had to leave. We remained good friends while we taught at different schools. After she had her son Connor, she wanted to job share and I hooked her up with Kim (blond in the front). Danielle and Kim job shared at my school for several years together.
Kim started teaching on my team my 2nd year and I helped her learn the ropes. She had one hell of a class that year. I am actually surprised she returned day after day. Kim is always trying new things, very creative, and secretly wants to be a dancer like me. Kim and I have daughters the same age which is fun, too.
Cari and I became friends teaching on the same first grade team together. We were both job shares, were about the same age, and had fun goofing around together. Cari is the most mellow person I know. Nothing ruffles her feathers. Plus, we went to high school together!
We all became friends because Danielle needed to go back to work full time or Kim had another baby or something and Kim and Cari ended up job sharing together. I wonder if I should take it personally that none of them have ever job shared with me? Anyway, four years ago I started teaching 2nd grade with Danielle and we officially became BFF's. We spend a lot of time together planning, laughing, complaining, causing trouble etc. Danielle has a very distinctive laugh, which she loves to share. She's the wild child I never was, the rule breaker. We always laugh that there is no real reason why we should be friends, but yet here we are.
Actually, I consider all of these fabulous girls BFF's. Danielle left teaching last year to pursue her dream of becoming a fire fighter. (Another story for another post). She's back now though, and teaching 5th grade. She keeps trying to get me to move to the upper grades, but I am not having it.
Anyhoo, this is us on the last day of school last year. We are drinking pink champagne, eating a delicious dinner, and on our way to see Wicked. It was a GREAT night. What can we cook up for the last day of school this year???

3 comments:

Jason, as himself said...

Hooray for BFFs!

Lacking Productivity said...

Cute...I hope I make a bunch of cool teacher friends one day.

PS: I am so embarrassed you are not on the blog roll...I haven't updated it in age, obviously...and I am just mortified of my procrastination!

Anonymous said...

Yeah!!!! I'm official! We sure do have a good time together and I'm always grateful you ladies put up with me...I know it's not easy. But I like to think it's worth it! Hee Hee! Pleeeezzz, can we plan our last day of school date now?
D.