To Whom It May Concern,
I am writing to you to officially withdraw my ballot for Mother of The Year. It all started with my great idea to take the girls to Disneyland over break. Although Bella had had a fever for four days, I figured, on the fifth day she'd have to be better, right? Well, she wasn't and she felt awful the whole trip. We left early and I took her to the doctor's the next day. I realized she had croup, but I had no idea she had an ear infection too. If they don't complain, how are you supposed to know, right?
I thought I was being a good Mommy when I bought the kids the caterpillar that shoots water all around...a fun version of running through the sprinklers. It was finally warm yesterday so I took them outside to try and capture what was left of spring break. We were having a great time sitting in the sun, running in the water. When Bella slipped on the grass and fell, I told her to get up. It didn't look like she hurt herself. Well, the fact that she couldn't move her arm and cried for 40 minutes let this Mommy know something just wasn't right. Four hours later, we left the hospital with a fractured elbow and a full arm cast.
So, I always have good intentions...they just don't always pan out. So, for this, I will officially take myself out of the running for Mother of the Year. There's always next year.
Yours,
JLO
8 comments:
Oh, no, poor baby and poor Mommy! Just in time to start back to school too. :(
Man...how do your kids survive you?
;D
You are great! Plus when the conversation comes up (which it will, several times in her lifetime) of what bones you've broken, the kids that can't add anything to the convo always look lame...I feel embarrassed for them really.
And...wearing a cast in elementary is pretty much like wearing diamond bra as an adult...nobody else can admit they are entirely jealous of it's coolness, but they totally want one too.
Man, poor girls.(including you) I hope they feel better soon and that the fractured bones heal quickly. I'm just waiting for my turn with kids and broken bones. 3 boys, it's bound to happen. It will probably be Faye, though, that breaks one first.
Finally. Something to show the world that you aren't the perfect mother. Oh, wait. Even perfect mothers have kids who get hurt.
Drat.
I know! Why don't you get Mitzi to take pictures of the broken elbow. Or you could make a broken elbow scrap book. Or have an expensive party to celebrate the healing of the elbow.
And why is it that I razz you so much?
Oh, right. It's flirting.
oh Megan and I will have your Disneyland fun, or wait.....we already are. you are still a great mother, I broke my whold body before i was 16, and sometimes broke things more than twice. my mother rocks for letting me be adventrous, and expermental. you just have to look at it in a different light. Jlo no worries Kira is right, casts are awesome.....for everybody not still wearing them after 4 days. Good luck to Bella, and there is always tomorrow.
I love my bloggin' buddies! Thanks for not letting me feel like a total loser. You are all right about so many things...the attention you get from wearing a cast is AWESOME!! She's gotten balloons, books, clothes, stuffed animals, etc. I love the adult diamond bra reference. Only Kira would come up with that! And Laura, I expect a FULL Disneyland update and a rain check.Jason, keep flirtin' honey. It does this old broad good!! :)
Oh shoot. Poor Bella baby! You are such a GREAT mom! Anyone who could beat you out for Mother of the Year was lying on her application!
I wanna see a picture.
And I wanna sign her cast!
one word...AAWWWW!!!
Post a Comment