Saturday, June 14, 2008

Chocolate Pedicures

My BFF, Julie, took me to the W Hotel for a little birthday surprise. 6 months ago, she called me and said she had the perfect birthday outing for us. My response was, "I hope it involves someone rubbing me and chocolate." Either I am psychic or she knows me pretty darn well. Julie had arranged for me to get a chocolate pedicure. You heard me right...a chocolate pedicure.Let me break it down for you:

First, we snooped around the hotel. We sat by the pool drinking water with strawberry and mint in it. The pool was super ultra cool (much like us) with big mattresses to lay on. The cabanas were decorated in chocolate browns and blues. It was very The Hills. Next, we made our way up to the spa where we checked out the bathrooms with all of the products and sat in the lounge for a bit. The lounge had cheese, crackers, cucumbers, tea, and brownie pieces. (Not that we ate any or anything.) Then, it was time for our pedicures.

So, I sat down in my chair that faced a flat screen TV. I got my own earphones to watch whatever I wanted. Have I mentioned I like to watch TV? The lady put my feet in warm water and then poured whole milk in there as well. Next, she added chocolate oil and cacao beans. I kind of wanted to take a sip. Is that wrong? Then, I was brought a hot chocolate and some brownies to eat while I was being pedicured. The pedicure lasted an hour and it was truly heaven. I received the longest and best foot massage I've ever had. I was scrubbed with chocolate foot scrub and oiled up with chocolate oil. It was divine. All the while, I got to watch a True Hollywood Story on the Kardashians. Come on, people! Does it get any better than that?

I topped my pedicure off with some Barbie- pink polish and now I am officially ready for summer. When I got home I told the girls to smell my feet. They knew right away that I smelled like chocolate. (A very proud moment for me.) All afternoon long Livvie kept coming over to me and sniffing my feet. She couldn't get enough. Who could blame her?

Thank again Julie. My birthday surprise rocked!! It was worth the 6 month tease, too!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

ok when are we planning our "mommy playdate" there????

Lisa

Lacking Productivity said...

First--congrats on kindergarten graduation.

Second--The massage sounds luxurious...except I think I would have stopped every couple minutes and thought...I want the chocolate in my mouth, not on my feet.

sburns said...

I want Julie to be my BFF!!

Pumpkin Delight (Kimberly) said...

That IS perfect for you. Do they have french fry pedicures? If they do, I'm so there.

Anonymous said...

jealous!

heartshapedhedges said...

I would have been so tempted to just suck my toes afterwards.

Sounds very fabulous...happy belated birthday.

Jason, as himself said...

Aw! What a great birthday present. What a fun place. But you still liked MY b-day present to you more, right? Am I right, am I right?

Kim's funny---a french fry pedicure! With LOTS of ketchup!