Saturday, June 21, 2008

Hottest Place On Earth

We braved the heat and headed for Disneyland on Thursday. We were all ready with our hats, sunglasses, ans sunscreen. All the experts say to get to the park when it opens and head back to your hotel around noon to cool off and rest. Then, head back at night for some more fun. That was our plan...initially.


The experts were right. We didn't wait more than 10 minutes for any ride. We rode the carousel, Alice, Dumbo, Matterhorn, Pinocchio, and the teacups. We love those teacups!!
While Grandma and Olivia were sitting out from the Matterhorn, a Disney Cast member approached them and started chatting. Well, he happened to be a Year of a Million Dreams guy and he got us front row tickets at the Aladdin show at California Adventure!! Finally, my mother's need to make friends and chat it up with everyone paid off!! :) The Aladdin show was great!
We left the park at about 1:00, had lunch and headed back to the hotel to swim and cool off. We had intentions of going back to the park at night, but we were too hot and tired!!
So, Disney day 2 started off with a little bribery. Here we are making Olivia go on Pirates. She is scared of the first "big hill." I wasn't about to stand outside in the 104 degree heat while everyone else was cool on the ride so, I dragged her with me. Doesn't she look excited to be there?
Her reward for bravery was a ride on Pooh (that's her favorite ride) and a trip to Pooh's Candy Corner.
Bella wanted to ride the Steamboat. She asked how come we had never been on it, so we decided to take a ride down the river. I don't remember the last time I had been on the Steamboat either. It was a nice cool ride!
We had a really fun time. It was ridiculously hot, but not too crowded. It was a nice way to start off our summer!
P.S. Grandma and Papa were with us, but I was afraid for my life to post any pictures of my mom. She's a sweater and didn't fair too well cosmetically speaking in the heat. :)






3 comments:

Unknown said...

I don't know how I found your blog, but I think it is ADORABLE. I have been here about 5 times and I laugh or smile every time. I think you are well on your way to fame. You are certainly a fabulous mother, and that is even better than fame, right?

sburns said...

Wow. What great pictures. They pretty much tell the story of our stay at Disneyland. I do know one thing for sure. The next time we go we will need a sweater!! My God it was hot. Some how we still had a lot of fun. I loved the Aladin show.

Unknown said...

Good times! I haven't seen the Aladdin show, so that's on my list when I go back to the OC in September.
Umm. I think you did post a picture of Grandma and Papa. :)