Thursday, September 18, 2008

Dispelling College Rumors

We passed by our local college the other day and Bella asked me what all those people were doing. I explained to her that they were college students and they were on their way to class. "But, it's the afternoon!", she said.
"Yes, college kids go to school at all times of day. They can even go at night time. I used to have classes that started at 7:00."
"You mean they go to school at nigh-night time? That's funny!" she said.

So, today on the way to school the girls were asking me again about college.
Bella: "I am so excited to go to college at nigh-night time, Mama."
Me: "I know. Isn't that cool?"
Olivia: "I am going to bring all of my toys to my college."
Me: "Well, when you are in college you are a grown up and you probably won't bring toys to school with you."
Bella: "Well, what do you do all day, then?"
Me: "Well, you go to classes, you study, you hang out with your friends, and you drink coffee."
Olivia: "When do you play on the playground?"
Me: " They don't have a playground at college."
Olivia: "I am going to bring all of my toys to my college."
Me: "Well, when you are in college you are a grown up and you probably won't bring toys to school with you."
Olivia: (Bursting into tears) Well, then I am NOT going to college if you can't bring any toys! Plus, I am going to miss you too much Mama!!
Me: "Great! Then you can go to college close to home. You can go to school during the day and come home and sleep in your bed at night."
Bella: "I'm still going to go to school at nigh-night time!"

6 comments:

Pumpkin Delight (Kimberly) said...

I love it!

heartshapedhedges said...

How sweet!

But, um, since you and I are siamesish and all (btw, do you love that word? Siamesish....LOL...anyways)...you are probably aware that, um, they do have "playgrounds" of sorts, and "toys"...although, I understand why you probably didnt want to get into that discussion with the girls, since, "beer bongs" and "TG's" are probably not part of their vocabulary.

Katrine said...

Very cute!

Unknown said...

This is so cute : )! Kaishon just asked me where the playgrounds were when we went to visit a local college. He just couldn't beleive any "students" wouldn't want to play : ).

sburns said...

Really cute story Jen. See why people shouldn't put TV's in the car. This is exactly what is suppose to happen. They are so much fun.

Unknown said...

Keep them close at home, and of course they can take a couple of toys to school...even college. They are so adorable!!